nighthawk

whitetail or mullie

As most have said.. It is definitely a Mule deer's shed. A young muley probably because of the lack of mass.

is there any way to tell other than appearance??? by the stamp or anything??

I don't know any definitive way to know (other than genetic testing). But the way I judge it is just the shape and size of it. For a WT to be that big, it would have more mass. It's a fairly thin antler yet it's got a good beam and tine length, so it's likely a young mule deer. Maybe some other people have a better way to tell it, but it's just the overal shape and size of it that gives it away. If you look at enough sheds from both species, it becomes easier to tell one from the other.

Amanda

It belonged to one of natures most beautiful beasts: Odocoileus hemionus or as we affectionately call it, The Mule Deer.

post-3282-1251928432_thumb.jpgpost-3282-1251928455_thumb.jpg post-3282-1251928473_thumb.jpgthe shorter tine length shed is for sure a mulie but a couple more pics to compare... i might just be wish full thinking but last year the horn grow was great and i think it could be possible for a buck to grow up faster then mass acumulates

It belonged to one of natures most beautiful beasts: Odocoileus hemionus or as we affectionately call it, The Mule Deer.

lol..haha thanks everyone for cracken the jokes...classic....

ive been comparing the stamps on mulies and whitetail.... whitetails are more of round where the mulies are an oval .... if any of u shed hunters haver a good variaty of both, compare the stamps and see what you come up with...Thanks to all who have comented on this and appreciate the insite

Ok, since you are not kidding. Here is a perfect example for wich I posted for someone with the same question last year ;) . A 3-4 year old Mule Deer with a perfect Whitetail style typical rack. Does anyone have a Coues with a perfect Mule deer style typical rack to "touche" this??

Just wishfull thinking on your part, as you stated. But a shooter buck for 95% of hunters out there whatever the species. Mulie shed. But if it were a Coues shed, wich it's not, He'd be "The One" you'd want. Now go find some more!!! :P

post-2337-1251938593.jpg