Sign in to follow this  
elkhutnaz

how many is too many?

I'm kind of in the same boat. This year I drew the same fall turkey/deer/bull hunts as last year(again will be gone for Thanksgiving), my boys both drew a youth deer hunt, we have planned dove and quail trips, and soon I will be putting in for the spring hunts. My wife doesn't like me being gone so much for the hunts, but she smiles when I tease her by saying "you knew what I was when you married me." She has a long list of honey-do's I have to finish before I go, so it works out. She knows that I try to harvest my animals asap to return home to be with the family, and she knows I am spending quality time with my boys while on the hunts. She also loves the jerky I am constantly making. I don't think you can ever hunt too much!

Quick story on this subject.....First hunt after being married for two months, my wife likes to hunt and we are packing that first October deer hunt. She turns to me and says, "You have everything" which I quickly replied, "I have my gun that is all I need".

Not exactly the best answer I could have come up with, but she has stuck with me for 26 years now and every deer season she reminds me of my youthful blunder.

George Strait says it pretty straight...........Its a business doing pleasure with you

Love you hun and thanks for all the good years..........................it truly is a business doing pleasure with you...............

Quick story on this subject.....First hunt after being married for two months, my wife likes to hunt and we are packing that first October deer hunt. She turns to me and says, "You have everything" which I quickly replied, "I have my gun that is all I need".

Not exactly the best answer I could have come up with, but she has stuck with me for 26 years now and every deer season she reminds me of my youthful blunder.

George Strait says it pretty straight...........Its a business doing pleasure with you

Love you hun and thanks for all the good years..........................it truly is a business doing pleasure with you...............

:unsure: What did you say wrong :huh:

Oh I know, You forgot to say and tag ;)

It is nice having the support and understanding.

In the last 4 years I have had 23 tags, all but one in Az. I also help my friends every chance I get. In 2007 I was out 72 days, in 2008 88, and so far this year 38.

My wife likes going to Vegas, so next week we are going for the 4th time since last August. She is also her own BFF, she likes to be home and home alone to boot.

We have been married 22 years and I usually average about 60 days a year doing something, she always sez I work hard and its what I love to do and she doens't have a problem with it. I am pretty blessed, Take Care JLG.

the only thing yer ol' lady oughta say about you goin' huntin' is to ax how you want it cooked. and that's after she plucked, gutted, scaled or butchered what ever it was ya brung home. Lark.

the only thing yer ol' lady oughta say about you goin' huntin' is to ax how you want it cooked. and that's after she plucked, gutted, scaled or butchered what ever it was ya brung home. Lark.

Ain't no bout a dout it you are a tough old bird and have a great wife. ;)

You both live the way we all should and she respects you as the man of the house,

BUT I have to call horse puckies on this one <_<

She may be right in there helping out with the care of it but I guarantee you ain't

sitten on the porch with a cold one BS'n with the buds while she is a butchering

the harvest :rolleyes:

Ya got's to tighten them loose lips that let out ya got her shoes and a car :P

I didn't know you narrowbacks knew how to apply for tags. Tell you what,I'll take your New Mexico tag and I'l go hunting with your dad in Vermont,he'll probably enjoy talking line work as apposed to all that jibberish.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck on your hunts Andrew. T

I'll pick up the rest of the tags and then you can spend all the time your wife needs, and also help out a fellow hunter!

q. if yer ol' lady comes outta the kitchen to yell at ya, what have ya done wrong?

a. let her chain out too far.

q. how many times should ya hafta tell yer ol' lady to clean the quail?

a. just once, if she knows what's good fer her.

you fellers have got lots to learn.

Lark.