josh

No Coyotes Today But.......

That is one of my biggest fears that I try to never think about when hunting. I just couldn't imagine walking up and finding human remains. Creepy stuff!

thats crazy! I know a couple of people who have found remains...

That would freak me out! Just the pics bothered me not sure I could do the smell and all that with it! Yuck! Nasty but sad.

Wow! It's gotta give you pause to find something like that.

Yeah I paused for a second to take the pics then went to make another stand. :ph34r: Tried to call the coyotes that ate the person.

That is one of my biggest fears that I try to never think about when hunting. I just couldn't imagine walking up and finding human remains. Creepy stuff!

Same here! Also makes you think about how he/she ended up there.

longshooter and I came across a floater at a tournament on Lake Pleasant a few yrs back... he'd fallen out of his boat on 4th of July, we found him on july 21st... I called 911 and gave them the GPS coord and they wanted me to pull him in my bass boat, I said no... just couldnt do it. In dental school we worked on cadavers for a whole yr, every day... disecting and learning every nook and cranny, but hoisting the 3wk old dead body into my boat was too much to handle....

I was scouting for a November hunt in 36A with my dad 2 years ago and I found a body, right off the Batamote road about 7-8 miles from Arivaca road. I would guess it was about 2 weeks old. I never got closer than about 40-50 feet once I knew what it was. It looked about like what a hot dog looks like when you forget to take it off the grill and it cooks for an hour. I called the Pima county sheriff's office and gave them the GPS coordinates. The Sheriff's Deputy called me that evening and said they found the body and that it looked like a UDA that got dehydrated and died. He gave me the case number. I called a few months later asking about the case and they said it was "classified" and that I would have to request a copy of the report in person. I can still see the image in my mind to this day. I hope I never find anything like that again.

I'd find a new friend to hunt with! :lol:

I have no idea how I would react to finding something like that, but I think I would take a ton of photos. I love stuff like that and even when we have cutters at work I always want to see the wounds. I got to sit in on a surgery last year and couldn't look away the entire time. We are really interesting on the inside.