AZantlerhead

Coyotes Killin dogs

So's I pull onto our roud ( a two track dirt in the sticks) and what do i see. Our familys little Welsh/yorkie mut dog named ( Bear Bait) maybe (coyote bait from now on). a whopin 12 lbs just running the neighbor hood. " Hey, get back to the house"!! he did a 180 to run home parellel to me in the bushes. I thought not much of it.. then......

30 yds in front of me the biggest Yote i've seen darts across the road with our little dog in his mouth!!!! what the!! who the!!!! No WAY!!!! HOOOOOOOOONNNNNKKKKKKK hey! hey! hey!!!!!!!!!!! The coyote didn't drop him. I bailed out in hot pursuit. The coyote lost me but I kept goin and yellin. At some point though the yote decided our little dog was slowin him down though and dropped him. Last thing i was expecting pulling into the drive :blink: . He is limpimg but ok. And tied to the porch.

Just be ready, coyotes are vicius (sp) animals...........he will try to come back.

Time to do some calling around your property or fairly close to this area.

Ernesto C

My cousin was riding her horse while her little chihuahua was running alongside them. the dog got a little bit behind her and a coyote just sideswiped it and ran off with the chihuahua in its mouth. My cousin turned and charge the coyote from horseback and it ended up dropping the chihuahua, which ended up being ok.

Then a coworker let out her miniature poodle to go to the bathroom (they lived on the edge of a golfcourse) and while she was watching the dog a couple of coyotes came and grabbed the dog and began to play tug-o-war with it right in front of her. That dog did not end up ok.

Glad to hear he was spared but Coyotes will be back for a second try, so like Ernesto said, it is a good time to practice calling and take him out before he takes bear bait for good!

Glad that your dog is ok! Yotes don't like dogs! A few years ago when our neighborhood was new, some lady was walking her little dog. A yote came up and ate muffy off of the end of the leash while the lady just stood there screaming.

Mark

Hunt that sucker 24/7 until his hide is tacked up on your barn wall...

+1 I'm not a predator hunter but I think I'd become one real quick if I saw a yote with my dog in its mouth, Glad to here you dogs ok

We have a lot of old ppl walkin their dogs on my street, they tell me all the time about how the coyotes walk right behind em just waitin for that little dog to get a little too far away from granpa with his cane. . . . all the time.