Some friends from Texas have been here in northern Arizona for a few days, so we played tourist at a few sights including the Grand Canyon. It has been many years, nearly 25, since I have seen the canyon from beneath the rim with a backpack. This trip was via car from atop the south rim, however.

CopyofGrandCanyon5-26-09032.jpg

CopyofGrandCanyon5-26-09056.jpg

CopyofGrandCanyon5-26-09068.jpg

CopyofGrandCanyon5-26-09052.jpg

CopyofGrandCanyon5-26-09078.jpg

CopyofGrandCanyon5-26-09082.jpg

CopyofGrandCanyon5-26-09092.jpg

Doug~RR

Been a long time since I've been there so it was nice to see some pictures again. Great pictures Doug. :)

TJ

Doug,

You came to "town" and didn't stop in and say hi? This last week has been amazing for viewing the canyon with all of the clouds. The next time you come thru give me a shout and I'll see if we can get you on a plane tour for good views.

monty

Doug, your pictures are always fantastic to look at. You have tremendous talents at capturing beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing.

Why buy postcards when you can just steal Doug's photos off this thread! :lol: :P Amazing photos Doug, thanks for sharing! JIM>

Amazing pictures Doug! I never get tired of looking at pictures or making the short drive up there and seeing it in person!

I look forward to all your pictures you post, thanks for sharing.

Ilene

I never get tired of ...making the short drive up there and seeing it in person!

Ilene

Ilene,

Even though the Canyon is so close to Flag, I rarely make a special trip to see it. Have probably been to unit 9 hunting dozens of times, but don't take a few extra hours to go to the rim.

Thanks for the comments.

Doug