stalkincoues

Soloution to carry your Range Finder

I use something similar to your product. Its the Nikon Retractable Rangefinder Tether. I keep it atached to my bino straps and it has a retractable cable so after I range my target I can just let go of it and it will retract back to my shoulder. I like the strap that your product has that keeps it from moving around.

Not trying to hurt your buisiness, I just wanted to show what I use.

-Tracy

I actually bought one of those Nikon retractable systems a few years backs. It was designed to go on your belt loop and retract. I have this on my video demonstration. I actually tried the same thing you did Tracy, but I wear my binoculars high and tight so they dont swing and bounce. With that being said, the Nikon hung too low and it swings/swivels and flopped around. It banged against my binoculars and did not work for me. I was restricted by what position the buckles were on my harness. I learned from this and made my Range Snap as short as I could and is actually pretty rigid to help prevent this. Plus with the secure strap the Range Finder holds tight/square against my chest so I have no problems running, or crawling and does not flop/swing one bit.

And that stuff doesnt get in the way when shoot yer bow??

I have no problems with these getting in my way. There is no worry about the Range Finder at all. If you are right handed it goes on your right shoulder and you can draw and shoot w/o any trouble. I shoot a draw that is correct for me and my form is good. I attach my Radio or GPS on my opposite shoulder very high and does not interfere at all. I suppose if you shoot a draw that is way too long, bad form/ overdrawn, and an accessory that is snapped too low, you may have trouble with interference. But then again you would have interference with a jacket, zipper, or pocket if you are that overdrawn. I cannot confirm this though 100% though.... thank goodness! That may be bad news.

When I was 14 yrs old I shot a 30" draw because that is what everyone shot back then, or at least I was told that was what I needed to shoot. I always hit my arm, sleeve, jacket, pocket, etc... I now shoot a 28 1/2-29"depending on bow or release and am 35 yrs old now. My forearm thanks me! I still think too many people shoot too long of a draw and may lead to trouble if it is snapped too low (maybe mid chest). MAKE SURE TO SNAP HIGH ON YOUR OPPOSITE SHOULDER, PLEASE.

Very Cool,

It appears universal and can be used by lefties? Very simple design. I may have over looked but what will be the established price. Best of luck on your product. Thanks

Yes, it is very universal. It can snap on your left or right shoulder. High, or low. On your belt loop if needed.

Thank you for all the positive responses so far. Thank you for your purchase already Game Hauler!

This product was designed to be very simple and price effective so everyone could afford to have a couple.

I hope to see some of you guys, or Gals in the field or at the range wearing your Range Snap as well. ;)

This looks like a very useful product, I will be purchasing one in the near future. I would think high on the opposite shoulder you would have no problem with shooting a bow. In fact that reminds me of a buddy of mine, we were treestand hunting in the midwest several years ago and we used to wear those older headsets for our raidos so we could talk to each other if we got bored. My buddy had that wire hanging out a little too far when he shot at a deer, said he went blind, deaf, and dumb for a minute when that string yanked everything off his head, needless to say he missed a chip shot and we got a good laugh.

+1 on what elkaholic said. I think Roughcut may be confusing rangefinders with radios.

At any rate, like the idea Christian. I'm thinking I'll be picking up a few. I've always wanted something to keep my GPS handy as well, this may be the ticket. And the price is right. Nice work ;)

Yeah, sorry for taking so long to comment back. You can't use any "Electronic device as an aid" I beleive it says this verbatim on their websites. I will look and see if I can post a link.

http://www.pope-young.org/bowhunting_fairchase.asp

The Rules of Fair Chase

The term “Fair Chase” shall not include the taking of animals under the following conditions:

Helpless in a trap, deep snow or water, or on ice.

From any power vehicle or power boat.

By “jacklighting” or shining at night.

By the use of any tranquilizers or poisons.

While inside escape-proof fenced enclosures.

By the use of any power vehicle or power boats for herding or driving animals, including use of aircraft to land alongside or to communicate with or direct a hunter on the ground.

By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached.

Any other condition considered by the Board of Directors as unacceptable.

hello - i read all that but i wasn't 100 % convinced a rangefinder fell under that clause - but it does give you an unfair advantage - so i sent an email to the head guy at pope&young and will probably get a reply soon!

If range finders are infact illegal for use ,with the guide lines of fair chase , for the records - guess it would be an big dissadvantage for most archers. Then an arrow with the light on impact nock would be illegal also ! very interesting!

thks for replying - gary -

you handled the pope and young. -- now for b&c unless of course any elk rejected by pope and young for whatever reasons would automatically be rejected by b&c.

Not to jump on ya Gary ;) , but i didn't see anything about rangefinders in that either: "By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached." Rangefinders in no way attract, locate, or guide a hunter to the animal, so unless the Rangefinder is attached to the bow, I read that as saying they are legal.

I believe you can't use a rangefinder that attaches to your bow.

"or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached."

Hand held are fine.

You can also use radios/cell phones to call/text a hunter over to you and take him to the animal or give updates of what you're seeing, just can't guide their steps to an animal.

Kent

I don't see how one could not see using a rangefinder as PURSUING an animal. I guess like any politician will tell you, there is always room for interpretation. Fair chase is pretty much summed up as no electronics. I have spoken to several people that have called Pope and Young reps and they specifially said that if it has batteries it can't be used. Why they don't post that, I don't know.

Well I don't have an issue with rangefinders, GPS, flashlights to get in and out of an area with, all items with batteries that in some way help a little.

I am irritated by constant radio or cellphone talking or texting, made the mistake hunting around that twice. Some states have laws against any use except in an emergency or after an animal is down, P&Y has to abide by the state's law also.

Again it's about being attached to the bow, if it wasn't there wouldn't be many animals qualifying.

Kent

Yeah, sorry for taking so long to comment back. You can't use any "Electronic device as an aid" I beleive it says this verbatim on their websites. I will look and see if I can post a link.

hello -- well sorry but shot that one right out of the air ::::

Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:38 AM

To: 'Hanson' <elkaholic93@cox.net>

Subject: RE: Web Site Inquiry

Size: 6 KB

We would accept an entry using a range finder as long as the range finder is not attached to the bow.

Thanks,

Glenn Hisey

::::just came in my email - thought it might help -- Gary

Thanks for researching that Gary and sharin' your findings with us. Whether it was acceptable or not, a rangefinder lessens the chance of wounding and losing game.....that's the most important thing and in my mind makes a rangefinder a very ethical tool to use ;)

NOW, BACK TO THE TOPIC! :P

I recently acquired Christian's new product, the Range Snap, and I love it! I haven't had it in the feild much yet, but I've been wanting something like this for many years. I think the one hunt in recent memory where I REALLY wished I had this product was on an archery Antelope hunt. I tried all sorts of things to make using my rangefinder fast, easy and with as little movement as possible. Nothing I tried worked really well and i drug my rangefinder all over the prairies while belly crawlin' and was frustrated. I think on those archery Antelope hunts you use your rangefinder more than any other hunt, plus you are dealing with a critter that has binoculars for eyeballs! This Range Snap will become a "must have" product for those hunts, as well as any spot n' stalk archery hunt! Also, when helping somebody on a hunt, I usually am responsible for multiple tasks during the hunt and with the time saved and decreased amount of movement while using the rangefinder, I am certain this Range Snap will be a valued peice of equipment...and with how cheap it is it's a "no-brainer"! I'll be putting it to the test this season and will post up photos as I get them. I can tell just by first glance that it is very well constructed and will attach to multiple areas on your clothing or pack and you can attach anything you want to it! Great product Christian! JIM>

Whether it was acceptable or not, a rangefinder lessens the chance of wounding and losing game.....that's the most important thing and in my mind makes a rangefinder a very ethical tool to use ;)

+1

Dang you Jim :angry:

Amanda. have you mailed my order yet?

Add 2 more if you haven't and I will send payment in the morning.

If you did I will add them to my next order, (if I make one :P )

Oh Ya :mellow: If you have not boxed it up get with Clay

as he had a mirror for me but we had to find a way to get it to Payson.

Thanks

Dang you Jim :angry:

Amanda. have you mailed my order yet?

Add 2 more if you haven't and I will send payment in the morning.

If you did I will add them to my next order, (if I make one :P )

Oh Ya :mellow: If you have not boxed it up get with Clay

as he had a mirror for me but we had to find a way to get it to Payson.

Thanks

I have not boxed it up yet, so I can throw in 2 more for you. Which Clay? Clay Price? I just saw him and he didn't mention anything. Or are you talking Clay Goldman?

PM or email me about it.

Amanda