stalkincoues

Soloution to carry your Range Finder

Hello, my name is Christian and I am excited to share some information on a product that I have developed. It is called the Range Snap. The initial development of my product was to bring my range finder within inches of my eye so I always had quick and easy access to it in that split second when needed with minimal movement. As everyone knows, it is not always easy to get to your Range Finder when you need it. You can’t use the lanyard with your binoculars because it swings and hits your binoculars. Some people wear it differently or keep it in their shirt pocket. But it is not as accessible as it should be, I have tried.

My product attaches to your Range Finder and will snap to your binocular strap, backpack strap on any other thin piece of material. The Range Finder snaps on the front of your shoulder so you only have to move your hand and Range Finder just a few inches so you can use it. It comes with a secure strap that goes around your Range Finder and strap. This keeps your Range Finder from flopping around while hiking, running, crawling or any other vigorous movement. It has a quick disconnect so it slides right off. You can put your bow in front of you to camouflage your movement and get that quick Range when needed.

The reason that I do not have a Bull Elk that was pushing 400” on my wall was because I could not get to my Range Finder without the fear of spooking the Bull. It was very thick and the yardage was uncertain to me. I did not want to wound it so I had to let it walk. I would have given about anything at the time to have this developed at that moment. I actually looked very hard for a product like this before my hunt, and felt I may be hindered on the hunt. Unfortunately it happened as I dreaded.

I made a few for a hunting partner and I to use, as we both shared the same problem. As more friends saw them, they wanted one as well. Everyone said I needed to make more so I could market and sell them. All of my hunting partners and friends use them. We have been using these since 2005 with great success and won't be in the field without them.

As time went on I have discovered more and more uses for them. There are many uses of the Range Snap. Use it to have quick and easy access to any accessory you will use frequently. I usually have 2-3 Range Snaps clipped on me at all times. 1-2 on my bino system and 1 on my backpack strap, or vise-a-versa. I use my two-way radio a lot. This keeps it high on my shoulder and don’t have to dig in my pocket when someone calls or I need to use it. Another accessory I use frequently is my GPS. I snap my GPS to my backpack strap when I am hiking and want the satellites to continue to track me. Otherwise I loose signal when I put it in my pocket.

I snap my camera, small video camera, tactical flashlight, varmint call and many other items so I have access to them when needed, and depending on the situation. This will also snap to your belt loop if needed. They will snap on and off when needed. Put it high or low on your straps. Snap it to your right or left side as needed. It is a very versatile and useful item to have.

I looked for years to find a product that would allow me to snap my Range Finder high on my shoulder so I had it at all times. I searched the web, stores, and asked everyone I knew if they had ever heard of a product like this. I could not find anything that suited my needs so I was forced to develop the Range Snap on my own.

There are a some people here in AZ, and a handful in a few other states that use the Range Snaps and like them. I just wanted to talk about my product and let people know there is a solution out there to carry your Range Finder in a manageable and accessible manner.

Anybody else ever have a problem with getting to your Range Finder when needed?

Here are a few pics.

Please post up if you use a Range Snap, like it and why.

post-2205-1243040562_thumb.jpg

post-2205-1243040574.jpg

post-2205-1243040585.jpg

post-2205-1243040598.jpg

post-2205-1243040613.jpg

how much do you charge for one of those? i want the buckle part mostly for the quicksnap thing by eberlestock for my eberlestock, but i have the X2 and it doesnt have the buckle part to snap it onto my pack so can use it on my bow.

Hey Guys,

I met with Christian quite awhile ago and he demonstrated his product to me. I immediately saw that it was a really useful product. I will be selling them here on this site. I will post the link when I get them in the store.

Not only is it great for your rangefinder, but also for your GPS, radio, or anything else you want to keep handy. I will definitely use at least one this year.

He made a video that shows how to use it and how easy it is to draw your bow while wearing one.

Amanda

Very Cool,

It appears universal and can be used by lefties? Very simple design. I may have over looked but what will be the established price. Best of luck on your product. Thanks

I also met with christian a while back and have been using it over the last month, so far I'm very impressed and will be ordering more. they have a number of uses, I've been using them for my gps, range finder and also my camera. I think all that give them a try will be very impressed! :rolleyes:

mike

Very Cool,

It appears universal and can be used by lefties? Very simple design. I may have over looked but what will be the established price. Best of luck on your product. Thanks

I think it will be about $12

Amanda

It's now up and for sale on CouesWhitetail.com. I can vouch for the high quality of workmanship in this product. And it's made in the USA!! How often do we get to say that?? I will try and remember to bring some to the CouesWhitetail.com gatherings so that if you want to hold one before you buy, you can do that.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/range_snap.htm

Amanda

Practice is the best way to calculate range. You can't enter your trophy into P&Y or B&C anyways if you use a rangey. I suppose most don't really care about the record books though.

Great idea, think I'll pick one up before my hunts this fall.

I've also got one from Christian and plan on using it on my upcoming early archery Bull elk hunt!!! I used to carry my rangefinder in my chest pocket or coat pocket but it was a hassle to slide it out and range the animal and then put it back. This eliminates a lot of that time and akwardness that could be the difference between you putting an arrow through the lungs or not! I will be purchasing one or 2 more as well. Very simple design but genious idea!!

I'll post my 380" bull late September guys. ;)

You can't enter your trophy into P&Y or B&C anyways if you use a rangey.

Hello - perhaps you can back up this statement and direct me to the location of proof. I have read a few things and never came accross anything that makes me to believe the use of a range finder makes an animal exempt from entry . I may be wrong.

i know p&y talks about use of electronic devices for locating and giving unfair advantage!

B&C states anything legal by state regulations ----

Seems like the range snap product could be very usefull- if you actually owned a rangefinder ----- Gary

+1 on what elkaholic said. I think Roughcut may be confusing rangefinders with radios.

At any rate, like the idea Christian. I'm thinking I'll be picking up a few. I've always wanted something to keep my GPS handy as well, this may be the ticket. And the price is right. Nice work ;)

Well I think it is a great concept and hope it lives up to my expectations

since I just ordered 2 along with a bino pack and new cap to replace my

old worn out faded one,

We have to look our best when representing the family you know :rolleyes:

Well I think it is a great concept and hope it lives up to my expectations

since I just ordered 2 along with a bino pack and new cap to replace my

old worn out faded one,

We have to look our best when representing the family you know :rolleyes:

:D