Sign in to follow this  
SilentButDeadly

Who uses Twitter?

I just joined Twitter; I'm following AZ G&F and have been getting some cool updates from them; I'm also following Congressional stuff -- there are quite a few hunting groups on here as well that might be important to follow.

Amanda, have you considered putting CouesWhitetail.com up on Twitter, might be a good way to keep members informed about events, updates, etc?

T

I just joined Twitter; I'm following AZ G&F and have been getting some cool updates from them; I'm also following Congressional stuff -- there are quite a few hunting groups on here as well that might be important to follow.

Amanda, have you considered putting CouesWhitetail.com up on Twitter, might be a good way to keep members informed about events, updates, etc?

T

Well, no, I haven't thought about it. I can't even stand the name of it...."Twitter" The whole idea seems dorky to me, but I guess I am just knocking it without trying it

Are you getting any updates from AGFD that you don't get by email or see on their website?

Amanda

Yes, there is stuff that doesn't go out in the email (probably because there are 2-3 updates a day - a bit much for email boxes).

We (Bowcast) are on Facebook and it is a great tool to get information out to the public.. i also have a FB account and it is neat but you will be surprised who comes out of the woodwork..

J

"i also have a FB account and it is neat but you will be surprised who comes out of the woodwork.."

What might you be getting at Jason? :blink:

--Bill

RSS feeds on twitter are probably the best part of it. All the other stuff telling everyone what you ate for breakfast, how you missed a stop sign on the way in and how a bug spatted on your window and how you do not know what you are going to do for lunch and on and on and on about nothing is a waste of time and causing global warming so I stay away from it.

Geeksquad central.

I wonder how much time is wasted twittering, talking, and posting drivel. I think that the long term loss of time will rise up and bite us just like borrow and spend did and overpopulation will.

Has anyone read "Last Child in the Woods?" It discusses "nature deficit disorder" that our children are aquiring. Children were asked where would you like to play, indoors or outdoors. Many answered "indoors, there are more outlets in there."

The other day all of the computers in the office went down. People didn't know what to do. Work came to a stop.

I don't know what twittering is. My first thought was it is a cell phone thing. ???? I only use the cell for convience never to chat. I have never texted and don't want to. I use a camera to take pics. I hardly ever post on the internet because you youngsters don't understand my old fuddy duddy facts. Yes, I am an old timer and I now know why old people for a long time have been saying "THE WORLD IS GOING TO H***.

As Mr. Quimby asked "would someone please explain how this works." I do like to try to keep up a little bit with the new stuff, even though I probably will never use it. :P

I wonder how much time is wasted twittering, talking, and posting drivel. I think that the long term loss of time will rise up and bite us just like borrow and spend did and overpopulation will.

Has anyone read "Last Child in the Woods?" It discusses "nature deficit disorder" that our children are aquiring. Children were asked where would you like to play, indoors or outdoors. Many answered "indoors, there are more outlets in there."

The other day all of the computers in the office went down. People didn't know what to do. Work came to a stop.

I don't know what twittering is. My first thought was it is a cell phone thing. ???? I only use the cell for convience never to chat. I have never texted and don't want to. I use a camera to take pics. I hardly ever post on the internet because you youngsters don't understand my old fuddy duddy facts. Yes, I am an old timer and I now know why old people for a long time have been saying "THE WORLD IS GOING TO H***.

As Mr. Quimby asked "would someone please explain how this works." I do like to try to keep up a little bit with the new stuff, even though I probably will never use it. :P

I Googled the word and learned more about "twitters," "texts" and "tweets" than anyone needs to know. "Twekwitital," I say. "M2ol4it."

Bill Quimby

<_< I too googled twitter and discovered it is like a tree full of birds chatting or tweeting.

I agree with Amanda it sounds stu*id.

I cannot decipher Bill Quimbys "M20l4it. The closest that I could come is "my 2 hole for it". :lol:

<_< I too googled twitter and discovered it is like a tree full of birds chatting or tweeting.

I agree with Amanda it sounds stu*id.

I cannot decipher Bill Quimbys "M20l4it. The closest that I could come is "my 2 hole for it". :lol:

Say it out loud and quickly: Tw-ek-wit-it-al. M-2-ol(d)-4-it.

Bill Quimby

Well with my oldtimers setting in I guess that I had better stay away from it (twittering). :unsure: :blink: