kkay

locked antlers

A couple of locked horn both bucks were DOA. found them in January 09

post-3163-1242083103_thumb.jpg

post-3163-1242083111_thumb.jpg

post-3163-1242083124_thumb.jpg

post-3163-1242083130_thumb.jpg

Thanks for finally posting the pictures.

Awesome(rare) find!!

dang, thats cool!! But I wonder how they died? It was in January when you found em? Thats what the time stamp says, which makes sense, cause of the rut. But they must not have been dead for too long of a time. They dont look like they starved, I dont see no chew marks on em, none of the tines are missing from a long fall? HMMMMMMMMMM

From where I live, I consider it fortunate every chance get to be in Coues' country. You find a set of locked bucks..... WOW!! Were they easy to pull apart, and why? Just curious. I think a pair of locked Coues' locked in a European mount would be amazing. Just my opinion.

--Bill

I think they died of thirst. They were in a small wash about 20 yards from water and it looked like the one was dragging the other towards water until it got to a small encline and couldn't go any farther. And yes nothing had started eating them yet. As for them being locked I was really hopeing they were torqued together, but once I cut the heads off the antlers came apart fairly easily. If you look at the main beams you can see how close they come together. That was the real reason for them getting locked up. The main beam was godging into the kneck of the other deer.

That is so cool. Could you tell how far the one had dragged the other?

Sweet find! Thanks for the pictures! Tough way to go.

Lance