This is what Obama would have us believe: large companies are bad, people are creating global warming, it’s OUR fault that other countries don’t manage their resources responsibly, and the government needs to take control of everything – including the money. I think he should travel around the world and apologize to everyone. Oh, wait a minute, he already did.

There is a lot of truth in this video though. People are caught up in materialism. I found it interesting that the happiness scale showed Americans were the happiest in the 1950’s (how’d they figure that anyway – been surveying Americans on the happy scale since before the fifties?) I think that is a pure assumption, though I would assume the same thing. Back in the day, we had less stuff and more family. Less places to go and things to experience and more quality time with the people we love. And more time for God.

This video is an attempt to explain the new “golden arrow”. That is the notion that we must stop destroying the planet so that humanity can continue on and on and on with our own brains and by our own power, creating a human utopia.

There is no mention in this video that the Bible speaks against coveteousness, gluttony, and fiscal responsibility or that God turned this planet over for us to steward. These folks can’t say that because if we open that can, we’ll find out that God also told us to “go forth, multiply and subdue the earth.” Think it’s a coincidence that we have?

They also won’t tell us, that to achieve this new golden arrow, capitalism must go, consumption of gasoline must go, personal vehicles must go, babies must go, religion must go, freedoms must go – and the guns will go quickly to make this transition run smoothly. But the biggest pressure point will be the government’s grip on the economy. In communist countries (oops, did I say communist again?), if you disagree with the government, you won’t have a house to live in, or food to eat. No need for a fire fight.

I know I sound like a mad man. I can hardly believe I’m writing this. I never thought I would see this stuff in my lifetime – BUT, Obama is moving in this direction unbelievably fast. Watch this guy. Find out what he has already done, and watch him closely in the future. I believe in this country and in the power of our people, but about half of our population has been struck dumb!

I’m thinking God is making things happen, like moves on a chess board to fulfill His purposes. He can do that, because He is God – and we are not. And He’s done it before; read the Bible. I choose to place my faith and confidence in Him, and not the utopia that human secularism promises.

Oh, BTW, it doesn’t surprise me that this video is being played in our institutions of higher learning.

Mike

I think you do sound like a madman Mike. Takes one to know one ;)

really you sound More like a man that watches and learns from scripture and history.

I got a lot of those same concerns....