Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

you've GOTTA watch this!!

I hate heights, that video was cool though.

Ya dude, watched this last year... I guess a few people have been killed out on it, not surprising when you see the holes in the concrete, bent out guard rails, etc.

They sure don't build um like they used to!

Maintainance on the walkway and railing was ceased in 1901!! That's a LONG time to breakdown.. They closed it off a long time ago, but people still sneak in to walk the path.. And yep, more than a few folks have fallen to their deaths there.

What gets to me on the vid more than anything is when he walks to the wafer thin concrete that has large holes in it, puts his foot right on the edge and keeps right on walking like he's walking in the mall!! Dude is passing folks left anfdright while they are fumbling with their harnesses and caribiners!

Straight up crazy. I felt like hanging on to the table so I didn't fall off my stool!

Mike

Wow, that guy has nerves of steel. The walking on that metal rail with no concrete is what kills me. Anyone who has walked while filming knows it's easy to get disoriented. How does he do it?

So when are you going to do it Scottyboy????

Amanda

probably be reading a book about this guy sometime in the future.

I will put it right up on the shelf next the the book about The Grizzly Man - Timothy Treadwell.

So when are you going to do it Scottyboy????

Amanda

As soon as you come with me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you know that's a safe bet!! I don't like heights like that! I didn't even like crossing the bridge to get to the cabins at the bottom of the grand canyon and that thing was way more stable that the one in the video.

Amanda