Sign in to follow this  
Azlongears

Bluffed Up Lion

OK I made an edit. I just reread and saw you were talking about the black dog not the red one. And my explination of redticks and redbones was so good.

Is that dog inthe last pic a shorthair?

Yup that's ol Hap himself. The Michael Jordan of all hound dogs, no kidding! Dad told me right after they caught it that the lion snagged ol Hap and they got to brawlin!!! Hap managed to escape w/o getting to tore up and wanted even more to kill the lion with his own jaws. After Dad let him go (no hunter) Dad swore that Hap was mad at him for not killing the lion himself. LOL!!! To bad they can't clone that dog......

I guess for those hounds finding a lion is like Josh finding some big brown & heavy bone!

sure love those lion posts! It sounds like the cats run cause the dogs can do them some damage when the catch them.

Just too cool! Hope you guys come home with him this week!

Is that dog inthe last pic a shorthair?

Yup that's ol Hap himself. The Michael Jordan of all hound dogs, no kidding! Dad told me right after they caught it that the lion snagged ol Hap and they got to brawlin!!! Hap managed to escape w/o getting to tore up and wanted even more to kill the lion with his own jaws. After Dad let him go (no hunter) Dad swore that Hap was mad at him for not killing the lion himself. LOL!!! To bad they can't clone that dog......

Why was the cross made with a gsp? This Hap dog reminds me of a dog I've got in the kennel...Old Duke will fight anything! He doesn't look for trouble, but he can sure finish it!

I can take no credit for the dog. A guy named Dave Carlson came up with the cross. The dog was "given" to me in a sense. The owner unfortunately died suddenly. I understand that he is 1/4 gsp and 3/4 bluetick. He has a decent nose, good tree and knows how to move a track. I have only one dog that can move like he does he is an amazing animal. Tough.

I watched him run a night old track in the powder dust this week and he was 4' off to the side of the track as he ran it. I can't believe how blessed I am just to be able to hunt the dog.

I can take no credit for the dog. A guy named Dave Carlson came up with the cross. The dog was "given" to me in a sense. The owner unfortunately died suddenly. I understand that he is 1/4 gsp and 3/4 bluetick. He has a decent nose, good tree and knows how to move a track. I have only one dog that can move like he does he is an amazing animal. Tough.

I watched him run a night old track in the powder dust this week and he was 4' off to the side of the track as he ran it. I can't believe how blessed I am just to be able to hunt the dog.

Hap is gotta be blessed some what to have such a great handler....Keep em lookin up... ;)