jonesface

Vortex vs Brunton

Like others have said...ideally you want to save your $$$ and go with Swaros...if your budget is/will always be less than 1k the Minox 15x are worthy at Cameraland's price of $550. I have a pair and I've glassed all day side by side with a friend who uses old Docter 15x...they are very comparable, although I'd give the Docter's the edge at first light. I also glass with a guy who has the Swarovski 15x. You could make an argument that the Minox are comparable, but for contrast and clarity the difference is notable. I'm saving my money for the Swarovski's and will let my optic-less hunting buddy pay for gas and use my Minox next season.

There is a pair of used Zeiss 15x60 for sale on this board's classifieds...

I think your best option is going with those minox 15x58's, they stopped making them, and nobody's been able to find them...and before they were selling for somewhere around 700 bucks so 550 is a great deal..i'm selling a brand new pair of brunton 15x51s for 300 obo. someone put up the cl post. they are pretty clear for a 15x51 but if you don't mind the extra 250, the minox are going to be a little more clear i'm sure...even if the optic quality was the same, the minox would be a bit more clear because you've got a 58mm objective and the bruntons have a 51...however the advantage to the bruntons are, they weigh alot less and are alot less bulky...

then again, yeah swaro's are obv gonna be better than any of these options...and yeah they are THAT much better, but its not a question of see deer or don't see deer..you just have to work harder without them ;)

I feel your pain brother!!! I am a blue collar working class man who cant justify spending 2K for binos when my little one needs 1400$ orthodics!! I came to the conclusion that having a "special needs" beautifull little girl who needs lots of my money to help her grow and develope is my priority... not Swaros!! I have a pair of Vortex 15X50"s. Alot of people laugh at my purchace here on this board, but it is the best my family can afford. I still find LOTS of game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I use patience and a 40$ tripod and do just fine......... So go with what you can afford. remember... Hard work beats talent every time talent dosent work hard!!

good luck to everyone this season!!