jonesface

Vortex vs Brunton

Im looking at getting a pair of binos. Something under $1,000 dollars in the 15x power. The two I came up with are Vortex Viper or Brunton Eterna. Just wondering what any of you guys think about these pair of binos.??. :huh: Any experience with them? Thanks ;)

Wait to look at the new Vortex Kaibab 15x when they come out towards summer. Better than the current Vortex 15x50 or Brunton, I would consider the Minox 15x58, or a used pair of Zeiss or Doctor for somewhere around $700. If you can scratch another $400, you should be able to find a used pair of Swaro 15s for $1400.

Im looking at getting a pair of binos. Something under $1,000 dollars in the 15x power. The two I came up with are Vortex Viper or Brunton Eterna. Just wondering what any of you guys think about these pair of binos.??. :huh: Any experience with them? Thanks ;)

I was asking this same question about two months ago. Listen to everyone when they say to save your money. Look at it this way you don't have to have them now there is no hunting going on save your money and get the Swarovski 15x56 thats what I did and I will never regret it. Look around the house and do away with some of the items you don't need sellsellsell and then buy. You will regret getting the other binos, they are just not the same as the swaro's.

I agree with red rabbit

seriously boss i barrowed binos for two years to save up enough for the big doggs(15x56s Swaros) but if your are not looking to pay two grand look at craigslists their are a ton of people lossing their jobs right now and have them on the internet for a good deal! although i dont know how the whole warranty thing will transfer! what ever you chose good luck and believe me if you dont save you will br regreting it later

seriously boss i barrowed binos for two years to save up enough for the big doggs(15x56s Swaros) but if your are not looking to pay two grand look at craigslists their are a ton of people lossing their jobs right now and have them on the internet for a good deal! although i dont know how the whole warranty thing will transfer! what ever you chose good luck and believe me if you dont save you will br regreting it later

When I bought my binos (15x56 swaro) the warranty transfer is as easy as tying your shoe. Save your money ;)

For myself, it's not about saving enough money for Swarovski's. It's justifying paying $2k for binoculars for hunting a few times a year. I tell myself if I guide some day, the Swarovskis will be mine...

Yeah I have to agree. I am having a hard time trying to convince my wife to let me spend 2K for a pair of binos that I will use once or twice a year. :blink: Everywhere I have looked for 15x's Swaros is about 2K.(Unless someone out there knows a place to get them cheaper) ;) I might just do what Red Rabbit said and look at the new Vortex Kaibab. They have them at Bear Mountain here in Mesa. Thank you guys for all your imput. Im going to keep my eyes open for a pair of used Swarovskis or Zeiss. :)

if your only gunna use em twice a year, the bruntons might not be a bad option. bought my ol'man a pair, and they are pretty clear. he only uses em twice a year. never got to look through a pair of vortex, so couldnt tell ya on those. love my minox tho.

I have vortex viper 15's and love them they are solid, clear and easy on the wallet. I would wait for the Vortex Kaibab's they sound like they are going to be really good even compared to higher end optics

Doug at Cameraland has the Minox 15x58's for $550. I ordered mine just waiting to get them. He has not received them yet. I used a a friends this year and they are well worth the 500 bucks. They are a little on the heavy side but a good pair of bino straps like Nimrod and others make and they are not bad.

Doug at Cameraland has the Minox 15x58's for $550. I ordered mine just waiting to get them. He has not received them yet. I used a a friends this year and they are well worth the 500 bucks. They are a little on the heavy side but a good pair of bino straps like Nimrod and others make and they are not bad.

The Minox 15's are def well worth the $500. My opinion is I think they are still going to be better then anything from Vortex. Vortex has not won me over yet...

save all your money and take a hunting buddy who has the big dogs and just supply the beer can't go wrong with that deal