Journeyed this late afternoon to Grand Falls on the Little Colorado River northeast of Flagstaff. Played a little with a new ND4 filter to give slower shutter speeds to soften the water. The filter definitely imparted a color shift. I arrived a little late as the shadows were already at the base of the falls. The next trip in the near future will provide more time in the afternoon to try different ND and CP filter combinations and shutter speeds.

CopyofGrandFallsLeupp003.jpg

CopyofGrandFallsLeupp032.jpg

CopyofGrandFallsLeupp035.jpg

Doug~RR

That filter is the best. Love the softness in the falls. Great pics Doug. ;)

This Sunday morning, Rica and I took a short hike down Pumphouse Wash south of Kachina Village to find some small waterfalls that I was told about almost fiteen years ago.

CopyofPumphouseWash3-15-09004.jpg

This little drop was just above the waterfalls. (I am still having difficulty with the color balance due to the neutral density filter.)

CopyofPumphouseWash3-15-09007.jpg

The waterfalls had a nice pool beneath, which might be nice during the warmer summer months.

CopyofPumphouseWash3-15-09023.jpg

Doug~RR

Beautiful photos, Doug. Definitely high-quality calendar and coffee-table book stuff.

Wonder what you could have done with your talent for photography if you'd been there with me when I shot these waterfalls?

The photo with the double rainbows is Victoria Falls on the Zambezi between Zimbabwe and Zambia, taken from the Zimbabwe side. The other is Iguazu Falls on the Parana River between Argentina and Brazil, shown from the Argentina side. My 24-year-old granddaughter was in the boat in the river. The pilot had just driven it under the large falls in the background.

Unfortunately, after several tries, I find I cannot post the photos. May I email them to someone to post for me?

Bill Quimby

Good pictures there Doug and thanks for sharing with us. :)

TJ

RR,

Excellent pics for sure- I can see a frame around the top photo. Moving water is always a challenge for me, but I've come a very long way from when I first photographed all types of water.

Thanks for sharing!

AzP&Y

Bill, those Iguazu Falls look like something else. It seems that one would want to spend the whole day there, but it appears to be rather misty and damp down below.

Tyson, I have noticed a lot of HDR on some photo forums, but have not tried it myself. Some seem too neon to me, whereas a mild HDR composition can be appreciated.

Doug~RR