June

Is it OK to shoot FOB's during the Triple Crown?

I really don't think it causes much of an issue? But was wondering if any one knew if they are allowed?

Dick this ones for you and Randy.

If I did shoot them I would keep a pocket full of them! I think I lost 3 or 4 nocks last weekend.

Thanks for replyin BowNut.

Sorry to hear so many nocks lost. Were the target yardage that easy to guess? :P :P . Been to some shoots and they should have told me they were all smoker rounds. It's all about having fun anyways. Not sure if i would need a pocket full of FOB's as i have seen arrows go completly through and iside the the outer ring of the FOB without destroying the Fob or deflecting the other arrow. If anything i think a FOB sitting in the 12 ring gives everyone something to focus on. They are rather bright. Used to use nothing but black knocks myself. Anyway just wanted to know if I could shoot them or not. Have alot of fletched arrrows either way. Figured more experience FOB shooters would have chimed in or if anyone did shoot FOB's during the first leg. Or again are they allowed. I can't be the only one wanting to know since their success has been posted during the hunts (like the claw for rifle).This site does have a wealth of knowledge and though I'am a newbie. I respect your input or opinon. Thanks again.

To the best of my knowledge, we only had one person shoot them in the 1st leg. There were no issues that we are aware of. The IBO nor ASA has made any ruling at this time that would restrict the use of fobs therefore, we are following their lead on this one.

So, at this time they are being allowed.

Dick

Dick,

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Didn't know how they would have been received? Being a kinda new thing and all. I appreiciate your response. Thanks again.

yes you can shoot FOBs at the triple crown, you will need to shoot MBR class. I shot them last year and had no issues. and only broke 2. you dont break as many as you think.

You should be able to shoot them in Hunter Class there is no vane restriction any more.