Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Big Ole Boar the old fashioned way!

God continues to bless me, and today was no different! Unit 34a was scheduled to close today at sundown, so I headed down for the final day in hopes of killing a big ole bruin, but just happy to be outdoors! I had never killed a bear with a rifle (3 with bow and one with handgun) so I decided to take the old 30/30 lever action out for a try. This big ole bruin walked out right before sunset and presented himself at 42 yds. 1 shot from the old lever action and he tumbled into the gulch below, but he wasn't done as he reared up and began to come straight for my tree stand! 2 quick shots put a end to that and then the work begun! this bear stood nearly 4ft high as he walked in, a monster of a bear ( maybe some Mexican Griz DNA in him). I was a little nervous as I walked up to him, because he was so big!  The pack out sucked! I hurt everywhere now! We green scored the skull at 20.5" tonight! Amazing day for a last day of the hunt! I think I'm done bear hunting! Too old for this stuff! lol. Truly Blessed!

20241009_174519.jpg

20241009_174535.jpg

bear3.jpg.bc6396f1d3f4a903796d71b41bc27dcd.jpg

• Like 24
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 4

26 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

Awesome once again! One day I will try my luck.

let me know, i have a few good spots just for you!

• Like 1

That is freakin awesome! I've spent a total of 0.5 day hunting bear in 35A. I seriously need to find a way to commit more time to this.

• Like 1

Hot Dang! What a toad and him coming towards you. Insane, awesome job with the lever!

• Like 1

Awesome bear. I know how you feel packing a bear out. The one I killed this year died in the bottom of a canyon from heck.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

20” bear is big son of a gun. Had you seen this guy pass ur stand before?

no, never seen him before, but as soon as I did, I knew he was the one!

• Like 1