Sign in to follow this  
ajohunter

46A sheep, previous tag holders.

If you had this tag in the last few years were there any areas or roads restricted by the refuge manager? Mainly the road to lower well from Charlie bell road. Thanks! 

Yes. What year did you have the tag? Refuge manager says there has never been hunters allowed on the roads that go there. I told him that was not correct. 

I Know the one dude in 2019 was walking in off that road. 

the dudes killed south of Charlie bell last year. But I’m not sure if they had access

what about range road 1 access? 

I helped out in 22 and the only road open was from Charlie Bell to Scarface and into Charlie Bell from Ajo. None of the other roads are open to the best of my knowledge 

5 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

I helped out in 22 and the only road open was from Charlie Bell to Scarface and into Charlie Bell from Ajo. None of the other roads are open to the best of my knowledge 

Now, none of them are open 

You don’t need that road, just park one truck at CB then drive back to Scarface, hunt to CB. Backpack  

Then again leave a truck at CB. get range road 1 access, get dropped off north growlers, hunt back to CB. Backpack. 

• Like 1

It states in the CFR (Federal law) and the refuge management plan that sheep hunters will be issued a SUP and are allowed to use roads not open to the public. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

57 minutes ago, ajohunter said:

It states in the CFR (Federal law) and the refuge management plan that sheep hunters will be issued a SUP and are allowed to use roads not open to the public. 

Yeah, you’re getting screwed 

I’ll be taking this up the chain if the manager doesn’t allow it. ABQ to regional director then DC if that doesn’t pan out. Already talking to attorney as well. 

9 hours ago, ajohunter said:

I’ll be taking this up the chain if the manager doesn’t allow it. ABQ to regional director then DC if that doesn’t pan out. Already talking to attorney as well. 

You may want to get one or more of the critter groups involved (ADBSS) as well as the AZGFD access coordinator for that region (is it IV?).  Also a letter or call to the AZ congressional delegation might not hurt.  

Adbss is who got the special road access for sheep hunters available originally. 

idk man, it’s their refuge they can do what they want I’m pretty sure

Are they saying you can’t use the road up to the top childs as well? 

you’ll be alright without them