Adicted

Daily elk hunt update!! Sons 5bs bull

Thanks for posting this thread, it was fun going along on the journey. Sorry  it didn't work out but kudos on  a great effort.  Good luck on the youth hunt and looking forward to your next thread.  

Two of the overall best hunts I've ever personally had did NOT result in killing anything.  One day chasing a lion behind dogs (epic all-day marathon), and an archery elk sorta like this one in unit 1 about 10 years ago.

SO awesome to spend all of that time in the woods with your kid(s) chasing elk!!

One of the best threads!

S.

Great thread and thank you for sharing. Archery elk hunting can be humbling for sure, hopefully your son will draw again in a couple years and use this experience to harvest a great bull. I had the 3c archery tag it was tough as well. The full moon to start and crazy winds definitely made it tough. I passed a few bulls I probably should have shot but oh well. Decided on day 11 to take an old 6x6 that was on the decline. Good luck to you guys on the cow hunt!

Great thread thanks for taking us along. Can’t wait to hear about the cow hunt. Good luck! 

Well Guys   Got my other sons 11m cow tag done pretty quick   Called this little fella in. Will taste great.  

IMG_7841.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Love 1

Congrats on the cow! That'll eat really good.

I was going to say for you to have enough whiskey and get your rub n tug before the hunt. Nevermind!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adicted said:

Well Guys   Got my other sons 11m cow tag done pretty quick   Called this little fella in. Will taste great.  

IMG_7841.jpeg

That’s awesome 

between my two kids , one thinks hunting is easy and the other thinks it’s nearly impossible lol

First elk I killed was about that size, had a cow tag and was walking through some pinyon juniper when it stood up about 100 yards away. Well one shot from a .270 flipped it over… then mama stood up. Really good eating though