Adicted

Daily elk hunt update!! Sons 5bs bull

Every time I get drawn for elk, I just ask for a chance.  Hopefully you will get one more tonight.  Good luck!

24 minutes ago, bigj23 said:

Every time I get drawn for elk, I just ask for a chance.  Hopefully you will get one more tonight.  Good luck!

Funny u say that. Growing up my dad always said. If u bust your butt somehow u will get 1 chance. Pulling up to water till dark

Well good luck, may the elk gods bestow a bull on you tonight.  Nothing better than hunting with your son, I look forward to my next opportunity. 

Good Luck. Hope the Chipotle has passed through like your Sons arrow will on a bull tonight!

Stick with it! He’ll get it done 

Well guys we saw a bull 300 yds away about hour before dark   Thought he was coming in but just never did   Thx for following this thread. I'm just an avg Dad/hunter hunting with his kids   We had 2 shots and didn't connect.   saw 5 bulls over 350 just couldnt  get close enough.  calls just were not working for us. If u have the rifle tag and need some pointers on where we saw the big ones let me know   If u have a guide please dont reach out  

thx larry for the bow for my son  solid of u and we wont forget  

thx fellas

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, Adicted said:

Well guys we saw a bull 300 yds away about hour before dark   Thought he was coming in but just never did   Thx for following this thread. I'm just an avg Dad/hunter hunting with his kids   We had 2 shots and didn't connect.   saw 5 bulls over 350 just couldnt  get close enough.  calls just were not working for us. If u have the rifle tag and need some pointers on where we saw the big ones let me know   If u have a guide please dont reach out  

thx larry for the bow for my son  solid of u and we wont forget  

thx fellas

Enjoyed your posts.  Sounds like you gave it all you had!  

Thanks for sharing. Hold your heads high for giving it your all and you will look back at the memories of this hunt with your son fondly. Good luck on the next hunt.

Great thread.  Elk hunting can definitely be a humbling thing.  And then there are times where it seems too easy.  Congrats on a great hunt.  Your son will remember it for the rest of his life and learn from it. You can't say that you didn't give your all.

• Like 1

Dang, I was hoping you guys would get it done.  My 13 year old shot a bull in 2022, went through the same emotions.  Got it done close to the end on a cool double main beam bull.  

No matter what, you and your son will never forget the hunt.  Thanks for giving us a little bit of hunt while we are grinding at home. 

Thanks for taking us with you on your hunt.  Sounds like you gave it your all and that's all you can do.  Been fun seeing your updates.

Genuine thank you for including us on this hunt. Was beyond fun to follow along. Made my week a lot better at home