Adicted

Daily elk hunt update!! Sons 5bs bull

17 hours ago, Adicted said:

Well its my sons 5bs bulk tag.  We had a few good scouting trips and have a plan.  I will try and post pics and videos and give updates for those interested. Went out tonight to a waterhole we like and heard a few  bugles which blew me away.  They been talking after dark but not today.  About 50 yds before water this guy came in.  Hope to see him in the morning. He had no cows with him.  On way back to camp saw a bull pushing 20 cows hard.  About a 310 bull but rutting hard.  Hope to have a good morning. Up at 330am

IMG_7729.mov

AWESOME.

5 hours ago, oz31p said:

That was my experience on my last 5bs hunt

come monday most of the hacks will be gone 

Same exact here too. Now you get to hunt longer and learn more!

• Like 1

Well The boys r sitting water where the big bull came in last night.  Im exploring some new country. Might sit anwater hole my self tel dark. Update back at camp

• Like 5

Well no elk.  Had turkeys come in at each tank

on way back my kids saw a giant elk. Probably biggest they seen in person.  7x7 with about 75 cows.  About a 375 bull.  Just a freak.  Lets see what tomorrow brings.  

• Like 11

Keep the updates coming and good luck!!!!

I'm rooting for you, Get R Done :)

Tough morning.  Got on a screaming bull at 430.  Sat on him till 515.  He bugled 1 more time so we moved in slow. Come shooting light he went quiet. Never heard or saw again. 

moved on to another area.  Thru out a locator bugle and about 1/4 mile away. We head that way and once again never another bugle or nothing.  Thru some soft cow calls out and nada.  They respond 1 time and then just dissapear.  Might just have to be more aggressive.  

well its hot now and eating pizza at morman lake. Have a plan on a few evening bulls we been seeing but its risky.  Will keep u updated. 

• Like 5

Following - good luck to you guys! 

They were going good in 5bs tonight.  Five bulls going strong towards water. Good to hear them going on their own.  Just sat and listened to them move.  Wish we had a tag this year.  

Well last night we got about 150 yds from the big herd coning to the meadow. He was the big bull we wanted.  Just ran out of light.  Also last night i will attach a video of a bull we didnt go after he just not a shooter yet, maybe next week. 

this morning just sucked for us. Went to a new area and not 1 bugle for 4 hours.  Then we heard 1 way in the distance and tried to get on him but he was just pushing away and away.  

My son has to be in phx this week so we will be up Thursday to the following Thursday of when it closes. Hopefully this rut kicks on. Really banking on the last 7 days. Will sit water more often it looks like. 

• Like 4

Sounds like the Rut is doing pretty good too bad you can stay at it. Problem with the Rut getting more intense is the chance of bulls getting broken and bugles drawing in competition from other hunters. Good Luck, hope he gets a big one.

Why is it im sitting at home thinking of elk but my son who has the tag is chasing asu girls.  Be back Thursday for the last 7 days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Adicted said:

Why is it im sitting at home thinking of elk but my son who has the tag is chasing asu girls.  Be back Thursday for the last 7 days. 

Cause he’s smarter than you 😎

• Haha 4