Sign in to follow this  

Is Shane Koury the next guide to lose license?

6 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

We are going to get into what words actually mean here but it’s not illegal for someone else to tag your animal with your tag.  Example.  We are both standing there at the deer, I shot it, I have the tag, I give you the tag and you put it on the antlers.   That is not illegal.  The elk case went in front of a judge so it was all public record.  

That is not what happened and you and I both know it. He wasn’t even there when the elk died. He  got lucky because the dept tried to protect him and then ran out of options and actually violated their own rules in the process.

• Like 2

This was long read , but a learning one . 
Note to myself , if I have a hunting tag  call AZFG  turn myself in because I found out I flew over my unit or a year long OTC unit , during a commercial business flight .  I broke the law 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, seek100plus said:

This was long read , but a learning one . 
Note to myself , if I have a hunting tag  call AZFG  turn myself in because I found out I flew over my unit or a year long OTC unit , during a commercial business flight .  I broke the law 

It should have been locked down after the first page. LOL

On 9/21/2024 at 7:37 AM, Coues247 said:

So you're gonna say leaving your tag to let them finish off someone else's animal and then tagging it with their tag is perfectly legal? Is that you Shawn? 

Shawns civil case went before an administrative judge because the ones in charge in Pinetop didn't follow protocol in punishing Wagner. They did all they could to ensure Shawn never went before a criminal judge and it backfired on them when they finally decided they needed to do something to him. The question of whether he was guilty of a crime was pretty clear, it just never made it that far because everyone involved were wardens. 

Ars 17-340 (A)(5) is pretty clear. The commission may revoke someone's license if: Knowingly allowing another person to use the person’s big game tag. Just because an administrative judge found that his rights were violated doesn't mean he didn't break the law.

You’re gonna believe what you want so we’ll leave it at that.   Trust me I felt the same way originally. 

On 9/21/2024 at 5:42 AM, Coues247 said:

There are multiple laws/rules in the world to help avoid conflicts of interest. They aren't made "to appease" anyone. They are made to avoid giving employees an advantage over others and to avoid impropriaty. (Like getting to fly helicopters over units when others can't.) Even if that warden doesn't fly his own unit,  what do you think that first call is when his buddy who flew it for him sees a 400+ inch elk?

This. the intel captured during surveys/flights whether fixed wing, helicopter or via driving a truck afield; needs to be treated as intellectual property. Have the wardens take a class on how to handle the data they collect while afield. Don’t share it and don’t use it for personal use. Pretty simple.

No different than running trail cams. 

Some of you guys are too much.  Why in the F do you care about a Game warden getting a tag in the unit he patrols?  Odds are he might get 2 maybe 3 premium tags in his unit if he has a long career.  Extreme jealousy I suppose.  They make peanuts for salary, the least they can do is get a good hunt in every so often.  1 guy is not going to ruin your hunt unless you are after 1 animal and 1 animal only and it is also the one he is after......

• Like 8

On 9/20/2024 at 8:14 PM, Northern Pintail said:

I had the same feelings as you did but actually looked into these matters.  Your “facts” are wrong.   The 27 wm and those in the helicopter did not see that 400 inch bull on that flight.  And because of people like you spreading rumors they try  and not to fly when they have a tag even though there are laws that say they still can.  

The 3b warden deal was not the last night of the hunt.  It was the first Sunday of the early archery hunt.   

no matter what you think about it your facts are won’t and that matters. 

THIS IS 100 WORTH A LOOK!

LAST YEAR A HUNTER WITH THE NAME T... PA..... GOT A LAST MINUTE TAG. IT IS RUMORED HE IS A GAME AND FISH INFORMANT, AND KNOWN TO BE EXTRA LUCKY IN THE TAGS. ANYWAY IN HIS LATE 23 HUNT, AZGP THE NIGHT BEFORE RAN A LARGE BULL OFF THE MOUNTAIN BC OTHER SERVICES WERE WATCHING IT. OPENING MORNING A GAME AND FISH OFFICER IN A PLANE FLEW OVER THE AREA.. WAS CALLED IN BY OTHER GUIDE SERVICE, AND AZGFD RESPONSE WAS "ITS US FLYING HELPING OUT AN EMERGENCY". SHORTLY AFTER THAT, AZGP AND PALMER MIRACULOUSLY FOUND THE LARGE BULL 2 MILES AWAY AND TP SHOT IT.  "IT HELPS TO BE FRIENDS WITH G&F" WHEN YOU NEED FAVORS

On 9/15/2024 at 12:06 PM, Coues247 said:

Making a rule out of thin air doesn't mean azgfd had the jurisdiction to enforce it. They have the ability to make the rule and now the courts will decide if the rule is enforceable as written. Someone getting a ticket for it and fighting it is usually the process on how laws/rules are either upheld or reversed. The azgfd commission aren't kings that can make laws and rules without restriction. 

GAME AND FISH MAKES RULES AND LAWS ALL THE TIME THAT ARE NEVER VOTED ON OR PASSED THRU LEGISLATIVE BRANCH OR PUBLIC

In regards to the OP. The CIA agent in my ear told me it was not 2 weeks before the hunt. That it was right before the hunt that the flying was done. 

11 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

This FACTS guy hiding behind all caps and calling out AZGP.  What a chicken sht.  

Not exactly, living up to the name

23 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Some of you guys are too much.  Why in the F do you care about a Game warden getting a tag in the unit he patrols?  Odds are he might get 2 maybe 3 premium tags in his unit if he has a long career.  Extreme jealousy I suppose.  They make peanuts for salary, the least they can do is get a good hunt in every so often.  1 guy is not going to ruin your hunt unless you are after 1 animal and 1 animal only and it is also the one he is after......

Hunt harder= fly lesser 

If you need to fly to locate a big animal ur lame duck in my eyes. Stay at home 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FACTS said:

GAME AND FISH MAKES RULES AND LAWS ALL THE TIME THAT ARE NEVER VOTED ON OR PASSED THRU LEGISLATIVE BRANCH OR PUBLIC

Incorrect. AZGFD can only make rules. Laws are passed by the legislature. In the end they have the same effect but if we are getting technical your facts aren't facts, FACTS. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Hunt harder= fly lesser 

If you need to fly to locate a big animal ur lame duck in my eyes. Stay at home 

If you are worried about 1 warden in your unit, flying his unit of patrol on official duty, you are a Karen.  

• Like 2