Sign in to follow this  
Duckworth

New guy from OH

I've been on this forum for months, figured it's better late than never for an introduction.

My name is Austin, Whether it’s fishing, bowhunting for deer or scouting for elk, I’m always looking to learn new techniques and share experiences.

I’m here to swap stories, pick up some tips, and contribute where I can. Looking forward to getting to know you all and diving into some great discussions!

Cheers!

• Like 9

Probably the biggest thing will be Deer numbers shock. There are probably more Deer hit by cars there than we have. The last time I looked, the county that I was from would let you take 4 annually. When I was a kid it was rare to see deer, my Uncles and Cousins went to PA to hunt them.

6 hours ago, Mocha1545 said:

Welcome! What part of Ohio? My wife is from Youngstown.

OH

Thanks! I’m from Pleasant Hill. How long has your wife been in Youngstown?

19 hours ago, Duckworth said:

Thanks! I’m from Pleasant Hill. How long has your wife been in Youngstown?

She was born and raised there. They moved to Albuquerque in 82. That's where I met her. Then brought her to AZ.

We are going back to Youngstown in a few weeks to visit her Dad. Looking forward to the food out there. And cooler temps

On 9/4/2024 at 3:49 PM, Mocha1545 said:

She was born and raised there. They moved to Albuquerque in 82. That's where I met her. Then brought her to AZ.

We are going back to Youngstown in a few weeks to visit her Dad. Looking forward to the food out there. And cooler temps

That sounds amazing, how's the food in Youngstown? I've never been, but I hear the Midwest has some great local spots.

3 hours ago, Duckworth said:

That sounds amazing, how's the food in Youngstown? I've never been, but I hear the Midwest has some great local spots.

Don’t know where to start. Cornersburg Pizza (wife’s favorite), handels ice cream, etc. Pretty much every place has wedding soup. You can get Parogi from several churches!