Nickp3d

AZ 5a Late Bull Hunt Struggles

22 hours ago, Markleo21377 said:

IMG_2659.thumb.jpeg.dea3396699c8b4cf5ea69acbcf9dde40.jpeg

This solid 5a bull was pretty fired up this weekend! Good luck! The bulls look incredible this year up there 👊

Been up there a couple times over the last month or so, a lot of feed on the ground for sure and seems like they have had some decent monsoons this yr.

• Like 1

I think you are confused about the hopi tags.  Azgfd gives the hopis tags so those of us draw a normal tag can hunt their land.   Might want to give the warden for that area a call

1 minute ago, Northern Pintail said:

I think you are confused about the hopi tags.  Azgfd gives the hopis tags so those of us draw a normal tag can hunt their land.   Might want to give the warden for that area a call

Im a little confused by your comment?

You can call the Hopi tribe and get permission to access the northern part of the unit. You just have to give them your personal and hunt information and then they give you the gate codes. I have done it before.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nickp3d said:

You can call the Hopi tribe and get permission to access the northern part of the unit. You just have to give them your personal and hunt information and then they give you the gate codes. I have done it before.

That is correct. I'm a Hopi tribal member and drew a Pronghorn tag for 5a, which starts tomorrow. The tribe will ask for 

Name, Address, Telephone Number

Driver’s license number

Vehicle: Make, model, year, color, license plate number

Hunt #

Tag #

Scout Date

Hunt Date

Names and birthdates of individuals traveling with you.

List additional vehicles you will be taking.

Once they receive the info they will issue you a acces card with the gate code. They are pretty quick about responding. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tradman said:

That is correct. I'm a Hopi tribal member and drew a Pronghorn tag for 5a, which starts tomorrow. The tribe will ask for 

Name, Address, Telephone Number

Driver’s license number

Vehicle: Make, model, year, color, license plate number

Hunt #

Tag #

Scout Date

Hunt Date

Names and birthdates of individuals traveling with you.

List additional vehicles you will be taking.

Once they receive the info they will issue you a acces card with the gate code. They are pretty quick about responding. 

I was actually impressed with how quickly they got back to me last year.

Good luck with your hunt. 5a has some really nice antelope

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 3:59 PM, Nickp3d said:

The reason they give access to us is because the gf gives them a percent of the tags.  Your tag is good for both hopi lands and non hopi lands within that unit. 

• Like 1