Nickp3d

AZ 5a Late Bull Hunt Struggles

Has anybody hunted the 5a Late Rifle bull hunt? Scouted it last year but did not turn up anything good up north. Was thinking about hunting/ camping in the 4a side and glassing the canyons into 5b. I did not get the permit to hunt the Hopi Land but have heard mixed reviews, not sure if I should start looking over there or not? Not used to hunting such thick country down south but willing to give it a try. Any help would be appreciated. Heres a few of the glassing spots I found.

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7768.jpg

IMG_7769.jpg

On 9/1/2024 at 3:39 PM, Nickp3d said:

Has anybody hunted the 5a Late Rifle bull hunt? Scouted it last year but did not turn up anything good up north. Was thinking about hunting/ camping in the 4a side and glassing the canyons into 5b. I did not get the permit to hunt the Hopi Land but have heard mixed reviews, not sure if I should start looking over there or not? Not used to hunting such thick country down south but willing to give it a try. Any help would be appreciated. Heres a few of the glassing spots I found.

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7768.jpg

IMG_7769.jpg

Hey Nick,

I have a cabin in 5a and know it really well. I will be up there most of November hunting late archery bulls and helping on a bunch of hunts including late rifle 5a and 5bs. 5a is loaded with bulls and you’ll be just fine. Shoot me a PM and I will offer a bit of advise I think will pay dividends. 
Mark

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Markleo21377 said:

Hey Nick,

I have a cabin in 5a and know it really well. I will be up there most of November hunting late archery bulls and helping on a bunch of hunts including late rifle 5a and 5bs. 5a is loaded with bulls and you’ll be just fine. Shoot me a PM and I will offer a bit of advise I think will pay dividends. 
Mark

Message Sent!

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

I have the early archery hunt up there next week. Cant wait, hopefully its a good rut this yr.

Good Luck! I was up in unit 10 all last week and didnt hear any bugles yet. Hopefully it cools down and that gets them fired up

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

I have the early archery hunt up there next week. Cant wait, hopefully its a good rut this yr.

IMG_2659.thumb.jpeg.dea3396699c8b4cf5ea69acbcf9dde40.jpeg

This solid 5a bull was pretty fired up this weekend! Good luck! The bulls look incredible this year up there 👊

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

My daughter and wife have a 5b late rifle tag. I hope to try and get out there before the hunt. Had my cabin get cancelled at Mormon lake last month. It seems they were taken over by a company and closing for the winter season. It really screwed up my plans.

2 hours ago, bonecollector said:

They are bugling in 3b and unit 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markleo21377 said:

IMG_2659.thumb.jpeg.dea3396699c8b4cf5ea69acbcf9dde40.jpeg

This solid 5a bull was pretty fired up this weekend! Good luck! The bulls look incredible this year up there 👊

Seeing this is getting me very excited for my archery tag in a couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

and 5bs

Not my realm.  I'm just saying the elk are starting their September thing. 

• Like 1