Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

Unit 1

For the lucky ones with unit 1 early archery/muzz/rifle tags the green up is great, water everywhere, tanks full, water in the road ruts. I’ve been camped here 4 days and 3 hours of lte afternoon rain is standard. I had the tag in 2020 and it was much drier. Good luck. 

19F0EB5D-B37A-4926-82AA-55F240B5B9D0.jpeg

• Like 10

I’m camped near Big lake where I camped 4 years ago. Phone service lol. 
turkeys I saw were closer to Reservation lake. I saw them pretty consistently 4 years ago and again 2 days ago. 
PM if you want specifics. 

My daughter has a late season bull tag for the area.  Let's just say I like her chances at a bigger bull than most of the early season hunters will get a chance at

• Like 3

They are definitely spread out right now and unless things change sitting water might not be productive in the early seasons. 

Can't wait for September! Thanks for the update on the greenery. 

• Like 1

14 points later I’ll be in unit 1 this year with my bow in hand. I’ll be up there Sept 12 through whenever I get one. Excited is an understatement. Good luck to all 

• Like 3

The boy and I were up there this past week. I was amazed how many people were camped middle of the week. We didn't see much for elk, but saw a ton of turkeys. Tried to kill a coyote or two to help them out, but wasn't able to. Beautifully green and a couple of great rainstorms up there. It should be a great year!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

The boy and I were up there this past week. I was amazed how many people were camped middle of the week. We didn't see much for elk, but saw a ton of turkeys. Tried to kill a coyote or two to help them out, but wasn't able to. Beautifully green and a couple of great rainstorms up there. It should be a great year!

All the elk we saw were in huge 50 plus cow herds   They will break up soon 

Gorgeous spot!

On 8/5/2024 at 10:40 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

Hey Casey do you care to share any intel on the turkeys? I have a tag up there this fall.

On 8/3/2024 at 6:25 PM, Ed67 said:

They are definitely spread out right now and unless things change sitting water might not be productive in the early seasons. 

^This^