Jmlopez6377

HUNTING BOOTS

I have been reading for a long time... first time posting a question. Please forgive if this is already a overused topic.

HUNTING BOOTS,

Favorite brand, style, and what you like about them.        I myself have the Crispi Non-Insulated Nevada. I have a high arch on the top of my foot, I believe they are called the Tarsals Bones, they are higher than others, I am not able to wear slip on work or cowboy boots, I lose feeling in my toes. The Crispi's I have have an amazing padded tongue, so the lacing does not hurt so much. I have went with many different boots. I am a central AZ hunter. does get too cold, not a lot of water in my hills for the GoreTex also.

What are you running on your feet in the mountains?

Crispi Valdres...love 'em

Been wearing the Crispi Mevadas a couple years. They seem to give my bad ankle and arches the best support. Wore the Salamon GTX for a while, good comfortable low cost boot 

Im a big Lowa Tibet fan. Have tried other brands but fit just didn’t work for me.  Try on a bunch with your favorite hunting sock. Quite a few good brands out there and just find what fits best for your feet.  Lathrop and Sons is another option. 

Lowa renegades with superfeet hike comfort insoles. Whatever you do try different brands as everything fits different. I will say those insoles were a game changer though. 

I've been wearing crispi Nevada and crispi Valdez. The Nevada is a little heavier but is also my favorite. 

Another fan of the Lowa Tibet gtx non Insulated. Have fit great since day one with no break in issues. I have broken my right fibula 3 times right above my ankle so I need all the support I can get. 

Insulated Crispi Nevada's. Love them. Best $400 I have ever spent. 

I have someone looking at these Wednesday, but if he passes I’ll bump this add.  

Lowa Tibet GTX are my favorite boots along with a pair of Smart Wool hiking socks and never any feet problems. Before that combination  I was always taping my feet up but no more.

I have settled on LA Sportiva, for really steep nasty sheep and goat hunts I have Salewas. Kennetreks rolled my ankles constantly 

On 7/29/2024 at 9:09 PM, UggRedBilly said:

Just got my Lathrop and Sons custom fit boots. They feel amazing. I am trying them out on my first scouting trip tomorrow morning. 

Hope you found your self a shooter. good luck

• Like 1