Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Hearing protection for the shot?

9 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

OK, In order for you to get your Ccw you had to ask "Big brother." Flawed logic is hard to defend I get it...  

Maybe just say I don't want to pay the extra 200$, leave out the part about "Big brother."

Ahh you need things broken down barney style. I get it. I will remember that next time. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's flawed. Besides the tax there are more steps you must take before you get approved and actually receive each NFA item. It is not the same, but I can understand how you might think they are.

• Haha 1

You are OK asking Big brother to conceal a weapon, but not buy a supressor?  I just want you to try and understand that.. 

What are the additional steps?  It's been a few years since my last supressor, did they add more steps?

5 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

You are OK asking Big brother to conceal a weapon, but not buy a supressor?  I just want you to try and understand that.. 

What are the additional steps?  It's been a few years since my last supressor, did they add more steps?

You do understand that AZ is a constitutional carry state right? 

I will just save time by asking you to confirm your original argument: Is the  purchase of a firearm the same as purchasing a suppressor? 

8 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

You do understand that AZ is a constitutional carry state right? 

I will just save time by asking you to confirm your original argument: Is the  purchase of a firearm the same as purchasing a suppressor? 

You stated the ccw, not me..  

4 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

You stated the ccw, not me..  

Yes, I gave examples of not having to get "permission" to do something. That could mean all your purchases are made by private party or you go through one thorough background check at first and a simple renewal every 5 years to skip a step in a future process. IMO it is not the same as applying for a stamp. A tax is just another kick in the nuts IMO. Some people like that sort of stuff and that's okay with me. 

Agree, you don't buy because of the 200$ to uncle Sam.  That's fine, just don't give the permission argument, it gets old and is often, easily refuted in your day to day. 

To each their own, you will likely never own a supressor and appreciate their benefits.  That's a personal decision you have made.

3 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Agree, you don't buy because of the 200$ to uncle Sam.  That's fine, just don't give the permission argument, it gets old and is often, easily refuted in your day to day. 

To each their own, you will likely never own a supressor and appreciate their benefits.  That's a personal decision you have made.

Just because an argument gets "old" doesn't make it invalid. Another reason why i dont like it is because i hate paying for something and not having it in my hands. Thats the exact reason why I haven't purchased the NL 14s yet. I don't want to wait till November. The $200 tax is just icing on the cake. You better believe if they got rid of the stupid process that there currently is that I'll have suppressors falling out of my butt as i walk.

In fact by your original thought (sorry, not yours but MogollonMan's), I think I am the one that is furthering the cause to get things changed by NOT doing what they want and kissing the ATF boot. Again, that is how I see things. I think it should be a right. If I have to go to a FFL and fill out a quick form to get it then that's okay, I can compromise. Some people can't or won't and that's okay too.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2024 at 1:48 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

So.... 

Who uses what for hearing protection? 

I use Nothing 

On 8/12/2024 at 1:48 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

So.... 

Who uses what for hearing protection? 

Nice try to get the conversation back on track…I use walkers and eventually a suppressor. Big brother be damned. 

Anybody  wondering  the process  for buying  a suppressor  is simple. It's the Exact same background check you go thru to get your ccw or buy a gun from a dealer. Even if you have a ccw you are still  required  to fill out a 4473 and even with  the ccw there's still a background  check preformed. Suppressors only have the $200 dollar tax . Getting  your ccw or buying  a gun from  a dealer already  let's big brother  know who you are and potentially what you have . The turnaround  time for suppressor  processing  was always  the  turn off to buying one but as an individual  they can go through  in a few days and the trusts are a few months  . Not a big deal for me the man already  knows  I've got a pile of guns and a few Suppressors.