Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Hearing protection for the shot?

I was all set up to get electronic, Bluetooth buds through insurance, but after an audiogram, $150 for foam molds, and a Dr signed RX, for some reason it has been denied by insurance.

I have killed a lot of stuff with peltor muffs, but they are big and bulky and sometime get in the way of the cheek wield. 

What does everyone use, besides a supressor?

• Like 1

I had a pair of foam molds made maybe 20 years ago and use when when possible.

I just carry disposable foam peices in my pocket. I have always had time to quickly put them in.

1 hour ago, brent said:

I just carry disposable foam peices in my pocket. I have always had time to quickly put them in.

I prefer something with electronic amplification. That way you can hear instructions from your partner before/after the shot.

• Like 1

I wear ear protection when out practicing but when hunting nothing unless I’m a bystander then just fingers in the ears. There are benefits to having F’d up hearing if you’re married

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I won't shoot without protection. ever.   unless supressed and that is almost always.   I always have a set of banded silicone plugs around my neck. so easy to throw on when getting dressed, just part of my gear like everything else.

ive been trying out those little electronic earbuds lately.  pretty happy but not sold on them yet. 

7 hours ago, Viper said:

I have been eyeing those as they are very affordable, especially with the $100 off I have seen on the FB adds. They kind of seem to good to be true. The ones I was supposed to get through insurance were like $2700. The Axils are like $200.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I have been eyeing those as they are very affordable, especially with the $100 off I have seen on the FB adds. They kind of seem to good to be true. The ones I was supposed to get through insurance were like $2700. The Axils are like $200.

They had a "buy one get one half off" last year. My son and I split the cost. They have worked well for pistol and rifle (with a brake), and at the range with others shooting. I would buy again, and consider the wireless. 

On 7/28/2024 at 6:49 PM, Viper said:

They had a "buy one get one half off" last year. My son and I split the cost. They have worked well for pistol and rifle (with a brake), and at the range with others shooting. I would buy again, and consider the wireless. 

I just ordered a pair yesterday.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 4:06 PM, Mattman215 said:

Use a suppressor stop being a peasant …….. 

I've thought about that for a long while. My hesitation is, my rifle already has a 26" barrel, it will be 34-35" with a supressor.