Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Arrow tree

hello - :unsure: -- just thought i'd ask the local archery /bowhunters to fess up!- It's ok to say how many times you missed too! -Gary

post-3096-1234458356.jpg

below alpine on the coronado trail - rte 666

heres google earth coords ---33*31'31.34"N 109*19'37.86"W

I want to put an arrow in it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is pertty neat... where is it??? :huh: Oh.... I mean what unit??? :blink: Where are my manners?????? :rolleyes: Never mind... I'll find it one of these days on my own! <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

hello - Alpine, Arizona - Arrow Tree

This is less an attraction than an oddity. There's a old dead tree along the side of the Coronado Trail (Rte 666) south of Alpine, that has become the target of literally thousands of archers. Apparently, the idea is to stick your arrow as close to the top of the tree as possible. The tree is about as full as it can be. It's one of the more interesting things along the road, north of the biggest hole in the ground at Morenci.

my mistake on the 191 - coronado trail 666 same thing - oh we

i google earthed. it actually has a square and the approx location of the tree- you can google directions heres coord- 33*32'21.39N 109*20'08.70W

I honestly can't remember how many arrows I have in the tree or how many times I missed, I haven't been there for awhile but if I remember you can hit the road further down if you miss and seems more unsafe now then it did when I was a teenager.

i have 2 arrows in it there is also an arrow tree on top of mt graham that holds one of my carbons

i have 2 arrows in it there is also an arrow tree on top of mt graham that holds one of my carbons

I go to 31 every year and hope to find the one on Mt graham some day, is it on a road? The one in the picture i see about 20 weekends per year. And i've stuck it, and yes missed it too.

OH yes the blue once it has your heart you are in trouble. It will dang near kill you to pack a bull in that country. It took three of us 9 hours to pack my brothers bull out a few years ago. And it was less than a mile from the road. I have never taken a shot at the tree but stop to worship it every year at least once.

Think of how many arrows are at the bootom of the hill. :blink: You probably wouldn't have to buy another arrow if you could find them :lol:

Deleted, I forgot how many people read this stuff I guess. Small world. I forgot about the select few others that stomp those grounds, my appologie Redneck.