Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Your go to shooting platform?

On 7/26/2024 at 9:23 AM, AzDiamondHeat said:

I am 6' 3" and have run into that issue. My buddy that converted to this system is over 6' as well. He does use 2 tripods. I still use only one. 

I have an arca swiss adapter for my bowl that allows me to throw a video head on it for glassing then pop it off for shooting. 

If I know I will be standing I have a field optics research with a center post and a fluid head for glassing. Very stable but just a little more wiggle than the bowl. Still far superior to sticks or a clamp. For regular hunting distances it is quite adequate. The head is the key when shooting off a glassing tripod. the big video heads are the best but obviously any high quality NON-PLASTIC head will do. The shooting heads are superior due to the absence of weak points that introduce wiggle. a back-brace can remove a lot of that wiggle as well.

You can also put an arca clamp on your trigger sticks or whatever shooting sticks you use. Not as stable as a quality tripod but works in a pinch.

I am in Gilbert if you want to borrow them and try them out. Trigger sticks and a pig saddle too. 

Two tripods and a 20lbs rifle…..I don’t think you can have a better system ……

IMG_6339.png