Sign in to follow this  
Boarman03

WTB 2 to 4 Savage 93r 17hmr magazines

Looking for a few magazines for some Savage 93r 17HMRs. 

If you have some extras kicking around or some you don't want please let me know. 

A few of the stores have them, but checking here first.

I'm in Mesa not far from Cabela's/Bass Pro.

Thanks!

Russ,

Do the ones you have feed ok? With the factory mags I have  I can only load two rounds at a time. Anymore than that and they won't feed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Russ,

Do the ones you have feed ok? With the factory mags I have  I can only load two rounds at a time. Anymore than that and they won't feed.

Mine will  load 5 but usually  jam the first 2 rounds.  I did hear a rumor  savage  would replace  them but I haven't  tried.  The newer  mags are supposed  to fix the issue. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Mine will  load 5 but usually  jam the first 2 rounds.  I did hear a rumor  savage  would replace  them but I haven't  tried.  The newer  mags are supposed  to fix the issue. 

Their quality control has been non existant for decades. Amazes me they are still in business.

• Like 2

Thank you guys. I'll check with Savage. Yes, having issues and they want an arm and a leg for new mags.

Need them for coyote problems and for the occasional youth outing.

I have a model 93 22mag that had major feeding issues when purchased new.  Savage sent me a new mag that was no different.   They would only feed 30grn pointed poly tipped ammo loaded 5 rounds or less in a 10 round mag.  Would not feed 1 round of any other ammo.  I got sick of it and just went to work with plyers and a small armorer's hammer, modifying the feed lips and mag grooves that hold them on the gun until they worked.  I can now load and shoot 9 or 10 rounds smoothly with all ammo under 50 grains.  Mags look terrible with the tool marks but they work good now!

• Like 1