11 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Ouch, Ide only want to zero that thing and take one shot a year!! I did a super light 6.5 PRC and it was a tank slapper.

Really? Interesting, that is pretty much the rifle I have. Except a steel action. With a full mag and scope my rifle weighs 7 pounds 8 ounces, and the recoil is pretty minimal. Its actually good enough that I have been spotting my own impacts on game. 

12 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Never looked into the Big rounds but man thats a screamer. Nice Bear in the video.

Big 30 cal for the win

we kill every thing with a light 300wm

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TrackerG said:

Really? Interesting, that is pretty much the rifle I have. Except a steel action. With a full mag and scope my rifle weighs 7 pounds 8 ounces, and the recoil is pretty minimal. Its actually good enough that I have been spotting my own impacts on game. 

It’s not so much the recoil but the quick pop of that round. It was the first 6.5 PRC I shot, 7lb 4 oz minus scope and yes it has some Zing. 

19 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

My favorite is 270wsm for whatever I'm shooting at, except for a bull elk.

We killed 2 elk with it last year. They didn't take a step. My brother in law killed his sheep at 400yds and he tipped over and never moved. I agree not my go to elk round but its pretty good. 

I love my .280 AI/ axis work with a tikka action.  160TMK at 3100fps.  Recoil is min.  Slaps coues to the ground.  Antelope at 760 yds.  I really believe this the ultimate all around gun.  Plus I just updated the barrel (Proof) and stock to a Manners.  Eric just handed it over to me on Tuesday.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

I love my .280 AI/ axis work with a tikka action.  160TMK at 3100fps.  Recoil is min.  Slaps coues to the ground.  Antelope at 760 yds.  I really believe this the ultimate all around gun.  Plus I just updated the barrel (Proof) and stock to a Manners.  Eric just handed it over to me on Tuesday.   

What is the barrel length?

On 7/20/2024 at 7:34 PM, PRDATR said:

What is the barrel length?

My previous barrel is 26inch.. My new proof is 24"

Well 95 percent completed. Waiting for  bedding to dry to put trigger in. Headed for range tomorrow. 7 PRC on Weatherby 307. bartlien carbon 1:8 at 24in long. Shop made brake, arca rail and pic rail custom mounted with bedded inserts. Pure precision bdl bottom for now, trigger tech trigger, custom bolt knob, Talley 20 moa base, action bedded. Temporary scope and bipod. 

IMG_4915.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Winchester 270, 24 inch lilja barrel and HS-Precision stock using Hornady 140 SST Superformance that gets you 31** fps muzzle velocity. My son used this combo and was dead on at 380 yards.

IMG_1068.jpeg

20 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

Winchester 270, 24 inch lilja barrel, OLD Rem 700, Shilen std trigger and HS-Precision stock using Hornady 140 SST Superformance that gets you 31** fps muzzle velocity. My son used this combo and was dead on at 380 yards. Target picture is my first time trying it at 1000 yards.

IMG_1068.jpeg

IMG_0128.jpeg

• Like 1

Put a few rounds through it. Shot decent at MOA. Opened up when it got warm. What is your preference on bottom metal? Bdl or box? I ended up standard bdl but have m5 and magazine in the mail. Delivery issues. Man it’s warm on the range. Looks and feels great in hand. Could have used better glass and bipod. 
took suggestion and mounted Arca with pic rail up front. Works great on tripod. 

IMG_4920.jpeg