Didn't build it but liking my 28 Nosler. I do have a Remington in .270 I'm thinking about building into a 280 Ackley Improved. 

Yeah  7 PRC is definitely at the top of the pile! 

7 PRC

Titanium action

20-22 inch carbon barrel

Carbon stock

Arca swiss plate for tripod use as well as a picatinny rail up front for bipod use. 

5 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Might as well use a 7/08 if you're gonna handicap a PRC with a 20" barrel! 🤣

And what velocities will you get from a 7mm-08 with a 20 inch barrel.  I Built a 6.5 PRC that is shooting a 156 Berger at 2890 @ less than 1/2 moa with a 20” proof. Nothing crazy but it’s a purpose built rifle for backpacking.

I don't know because its not something I would ever do. I don't think an extra 4" of barrel makes the rifle impossible to pack. But then again, my 28 Nosler has a 26" barrel and a 2" brake, so long barrels don't bother me.

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I don't know because its not something I would ever do. I don't think an extra 4" of barrel makes the rifle impossible to pack. But then again, my 28 Nosler has a 26" barrel and a 2" brake, so long barrels don't bother me.

The extra 6 inches is definitely not a deal breaker but it is noticeable when strapped to the side of the pack while moving through thick overgrown vegetation.  On a side note.  At the same time I had the 6.5 PRC built I had my 28 Nosler rebarreled from a 28” to a 26” Proof in 7PRC.  It’s shooting the 195 EOL @ 3030fps at 1/4 moa. Velocity is very similar to my 28 Nosler considering it has 2” less in barrel length.

IMG_4861.png

IMG_4878.jpeg