Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Ferry cicada bite?

Otw home. Many fish caught, cicadas barely buzzing at all, dry action was there only with great casts and location.

Fish population down but healthier individuals than any time in the last 2 decades. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Me and a buddy got back from LF.  Hoped to get on a cicada bite but it was weak at best.  Maybe a handful of takes the entire weekend.  

we also nymphed here and there and our results were better but fish quantities were off this year for us.   Btw two anglers < 10 takes a day.  

it pretty much sucked and if you are considering a trip I’d drive a couple hours further and fish southwest colorado.     

we stayed at cliff dwellers.  Room rates are up significantly vis a vis previous trips.   

• Like 2

Just got back, never heard a cicada . Water temp was averaging 54 degrees. That seems to have thinned out the kayak Crap on the water from two years ago, but they’re still  there. Saw one other boat fishing in 1 1/2 days. Windy as heck both days. We caught fish, but not like we used to. I think the 68-70 degree water two years ago  before Powell raised had a very negative  impact on the trout population. Had similar results last year at this time. The fish that  we caught were  mature  and healthy . Hoping a couple years of cold water temps helps it bounce back.  We didn’t catch a  single Brown, which sucks.  The bounty hunters and electro shocking may have done them in along with the warm waters.