MULEPACKHUNTER

Bass Pro / Cabelas

Wanted to get some thoughts on this.

I heard on Meateater trivia that when Bass bought Cabela's they shut down its headquarters that was in a small town of 6000 people and that close to 2000 people worked there. Makes me not want to shop there ever again. I had already backed off from them and went to Sportsmans anyway but this really irked me.

• Like 1

I can see that happening. I used to work for a Fortune 50 company and when it would buy a competitor a  lot of duplicate jobs like management, accounting, were eliminated. Sometimes on both sides as warehouses and shipping centers get consolidated. 

Assets get liquidated to try and recoup the takeover costs as well as in some cases employees get a small severance but it doesn't make up being vested in a 401K or a pension especially after you work for a company for 24 years like I did and still had a long ways to go until retirement. 

https://www.newsnationnow.com/business/john-deere-laying-off-600-workers-midwest/#:~:text=The layoffs are due to,250 from Illinois in 2023.

22 hours ago, Azhockeycoach said:

Since the opening of Scheel's, I haven't set foot in Bass Pro. Higher quality items in Scheel's. Just my .2 

How's Scheels blackpowder section?

I'd like to say I've stopped going to Cabelas entirely but someone gave me a gift card.  Their bb gun section is better shelved than their muzzleloader section.  Took 3 trips to get a box of .50 lead ball. And a sign on their gun library said Closed Indefinitely. 

F that place.

46 minutes ago, Edge said:

How's Scheels blackpowder section?

I'd like to say I've stopped going to Cabelas entirely but someone gave me a gift card.  Their bb gun section is better shelved than their muzzleloader section.  Took 3 trips to get a box of .50 lead ball. And a sign on their gun library said Closed Indefinitely. 

F that place.

I can't say that that I've browsed the Scheels blackpowder section as I'm not a muzzleloader.  I'm not sure where you are located, but a trip over to Chandler to visit Scheels would not disappoint. 

Not the best black powder selection, but it will get you by.  If your looking for real black powder Midway has Goex in stock, didn't know if that was ever going to happen again.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 3:13 PM, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Wanted to get some thoughts on this.

I heard on Meateater trivia that when Bass bought Cabela's they shut down its headquarters that was in a small town of 6000 people and that close to 2000 people worked there. Makes me not want to shop there ever again. I had already backed off from them and went to Sportsmans anyway but this really irked me.

Nobody tell him that Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's and Sportsman's are all owned by the same company.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Nobody tell him that Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's and Sportsman's are all owned by the same company.

The purchase of Sportsman’s fell through, I thought. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

you sure about that?

Yes...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bonecollector said:

you sure about that?

Yes. That was shot down a long time ago, 18 months at least?

• Like 1

And Basspro bought Cabale's year on more ago, just took along time to transition..

Im not signing up for that. But thank you