Sign in to follow this  
AZ7maghunter

ISO Ruger American or Tikka T3X in .308

Don't waste your time...get the Tikka.  For the money those things are amazing.  Just my opinion.  Getting easy ti customize too.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 5:23 PM, sjvcon said:

Don't waste your time...get the Tikka.  For the money those things are amazing.  Just my opinion.  Getting easy ti customize too.

Agreed. They aren’t in the same league. The Americans are great shooters but that’s about it. Shitty bolt, trigger and stock. The tikka has probably the best factory bolt, pretty good trigger and an ok or better stock. They shoot great too. 

On 7/13/2024 at 5:23 PM, sjvcon said:

I don't know about that. I bought 2 Rugers just to have something to loan out and throw around. They are stupid accurate. I'm sure the tikkas are nicer (I have an old M695) but for the money the ruger is hard to beat IMO (accuracy wise).

I agree that Tikkas are better overall but I wouldn’t sleep on the Ruger American. Mine has killed a few critters for multiple hunters in my family. For a rifle that is left as-is from the factory, I like the Ruger Americans. 
I recently had a tikka re-barreled and was pleasantly surprised at how easy the process was. For the purpose of modifying, Tikkas are hard to beat and that’s why I’d prefer a Tikka. Both are pretty darn good though!