Sign in to follow this  
bigelk

MISSING!!!! Taxidermist went missing

My taxidermist had to do it with my fish. He said he couldn't take it we didn't fill it out. It is required..

58 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

I know there are lots of contractors who have screwed people over with start up money or deposits. The taxi only charges a small deposit and then, in my opinion they take on too much work to keep the money rolling.

I've been a contractor for 30 years and have never asked for money until the job was completed.

At least in the contractor work their is a legal recourse with the recovery fund. I don't think they ever get a full reimbursement but at least it's something.  Got a buddy down here that lost a lot of cash on a pool. Not sure what he got back if anything at all.  I'll ask next time I see him.  

Not sure if anything similar exists when it comes to mechanics or taxidermy.

• Like 1

Elkwalker 

I do taxidermy here in Arizona - I live in Taylor - the pic i posted of taxidermy requirements is from Az game and fish websight 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I understand that not everyone that hunts is a good person. But what is it about taxidermy that attracts low life’s? 

what other business have you heard of where people just close up, take your stuff, avoid you? I don’t hear about that in other industry’s 

Seems like it’s extra prevalent in businesses that work on a big deposit.  You start giving a decent percentage of this population half of their paycheck up front and half at completion, it gets real easy to just start taking deposits and worrying about the completion end of it later.  My list of taxidermists across this entire country that I trust fits on one hand.  I’ve been burned by too many of them.  Thousands in lost deposits to a couple in NM and and AZ where I pretty much had to show up and just take back my capes.  

• Like 2

Thank god my taxidermist is one of my good friends. But, I also haven't had anything mounted in years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Thank god my taxidermist is one of my good friends. But, I also haven't had anything mounted in years.

Ive been wanting to send Chris Harlow some work but I havent had anything worthy since he did my ram. Hopefully my daughter will get a nice bull this year and I can take it over.

5 hours ago, Lucafu1 said:

Ive been wanting to send Chris Harlow some work but I havent had anything worthy since he did my ram. Hopefully my daughter will get a nice bull this year and I can take it over.

You just need to lower your standards and open the checkbook!  He is doing a Fork for me -- really impressive fork but a fork.  :D

fork.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Tub said:

You just need to lower your standards and open the checkbook!  He is doing a Fork for me -- really impressive fork but a fork.  :D

IMG_0022.thumb.jpeg.c657fd7540cbdc4aeb24c0673ef3eceb.jpeg

I know no one cares about Eastern whitetails, but I’m getting this buck mounted.  He lived on my farm for 9-10 years and I never saw him in real life until this day.  Crafty old dude.  Just thought it would be a cool mount and he was a trophy to me for sure. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

fork.jpg

Yeah but I've also been on a drought  too 😂😭

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

IMG_0022.thumb.jpeg.c657fd7540cbdc4aeb24c0673ef3eceb.jpeg

I know no one cares about Eastern whitetails, but I’m getting this buck mounted.  He lived on my farm for 9-10 years and I never saw him in real life until this day.  Crafty old dude.  Just thought it would be a cool mount and he was a trophy to me for sure. 

I care . Eastern whitetail is high on my list 

• Like 1

I just want a flippen tag!

I got one finally.Ya I don't get the big deposits required in taxidermy. In my business I never take deposits, but you oh me upon completion. I would much rather the you owe me then me owe you. And its inventive to return

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

I got one finally.Ya I don't get the big deposits required in taxidermy. In my business I never take deposits, but you oh me upon completion. I would much rather the 

Some bigger jobs often require deposits for small businesses.  I get why taxidermists require deposits.  They are not always the ones ripping the customer off.  There are lots of customers who never come pick up their mounts.  Deposits are necessary imo to not only order supplies, but also make sure the customer has some skin in the game.  

• Like 3

I’m building a house - 

the cement guy required a deposit , plumber required a deposit , the sheetrockers required a deposit , the HVAC required a deposit. Those are the only things I hired I do everything else myself . So not sure why everyone is saying other businesses don’t require one - 
and yes I require a deposit to cover the tanning and forms and work I do ( skinning , fleshing , salting ) before it even gets sent to tannery . Only had a couple times in almost 30 years people didn’t return to get their stuff back . 

• Like 2

Deposits are mandatory.

For taxidermist pay a reasonable deposit up front then send a 2nd payment when shoot gets out of tannery. Keep your antlers. 

if you like the work tip them. 

• Like 1