Sign in to follow this  
bigelk

MISSING!!!! Taxidermist went missing

That sucks. Hope you get them back. That is my worst nightmare.  

Not only do I not give a taxidermist the antlers until he is ready to mount, I don't let them see the unit on the tag either.  Bigger talkers and note takers I've never seen, on average....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry this happened to you , that really stinks , I really hope you get them back - I’ve had many people bring me there stuff from others , for this exact reason ……

Big -   He “ ( the taxidermist ) is suppose to record the tag number and hunt number from your tag  for his records for game and fish - so he has your unit …… 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

That sucks. Hope you get them back. That is my worst nightmare.  

Not only do I not give a taxidermist the antlers until he is ready to mount, I don't let them see the unit on the tag either.  Bigger talkers and note takers I've never seen, on average....

What if the buck is in velvet? How you not giving them up to be preserved?

5 minutes ago, elkwalker said:

What if the buck is in velvet? How you not giving them up to be preserved?

Dog, you think that heavy hitter is hunting trophy bucks in velvet? That’s for Quaker’s 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tomgobbler said:

Sorry this happened to you , that really stinks , I really hope you get them back - I’ve had many people bring me there stuff from others , for this exact reason ……

Big -   He “ ( the taxidermist ) is suppose to record the tag number and hunt number from your tag  for his records for game and fish - so he has your unit …… 

News to me...

etj5UZO.jpg

What that  says and what it asks for in submitting the report is different . 

IMG_2291.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomgobbler said:

What that  says and what it asks for in submitting the report is different . 

IMG_2291.jpeg

Interesting....

Is that a new requirement?

So AZGFD has inconsistencies on its website on what to report? Shocking development..ha

Been that way for a long time  - my memory is terrible , but I think there has always been a slot for both tag and hunt number -( have to dig up an old form to see what it had )  just a tag number doesn’t really tie that animal to anything ( there are thousands of tag #1 , but with tag number 1 and unit number 3000 , there is only one of those ….. used to have to fill out a paper form for every animal / hunter and mail it in …

I’ve been doing taxidermy for almost 30 years - it went from quarterly reporting to once a year ( mailin ) then to the online system - but there system hasn’t caught up with everything else they do - for example the E-Tag ….. if you just give the taxidermist the E-tag then he doesn’t have the rest of that info - & there was no specific place  to put the ETag number in..,. ( when reporting last year ) If you put it in the tag number it still wants the rest of the info - but the hunter doesn’t obviously have that in hand with them - because they didn’t physically have it in hand …. So yea will see if they have updated the system when reporting this year …. 

I understand that not everyone that hunts is a good person. But what is it about taxidermy that attracts low life’s? 

what other business have you heard of where people just close up, take your stuff, avoid you? I don’t hear about that in other industry’s 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I understand that not everyone that hunts is a good person. But what is it about taxidermy that attracts low life’s? 

what other business have you heard of where people just close up, take your stuff, avoid you? I don’t hear about that in other industry’s 

I know there are lots of contractors who have screwed people over with start up money or deposits. The taxi only charges a small deposit and then, in my opinion they take on too much work to keep the money rolling.

I've been a contractor for 30 years and have never asked for money until the job was completed.

• Like 1

Yeah I guess that’s probably pretty common in contracting. Probably similar types of people I guess. I haven’t had a mechanic close up shop and take my car yet 

• Like 1

Logistics is my guess.

its a lot of slow going work and if you get behind you’re doomed.

if you can’t finish last seasons work don’t take on anything else. 

• Like 2