Sign in to follow this  
coues7

OPPOSE HR 45

Here’s the bill:

H.R. 45 (Rush): This bill would require a license for handguns and semiautomatics, including those currently possessed. The applicant must be thumbprinted and sign a certification that, effectively, the firearm will not be kept in a place where it would be available for the defense of the gun owner’s family. The applicant must also make available ALL of his psychiatric records, pass an exam, and pay a fee of up to $25. The license may be renewed after five years and may be revoked. Private sales would be outlawed, and reports to the attorney general of all transactions would be required, even when, as the bill allows, the AG determines that a state licensing system is sufficiently draconian to substitute for the federal license. With virtually no exceptions, ALL firearms transactions (involving semiautos, handguns, long guns, etc.) would be subject to a Brady check. In addition, the bill would make it unlawful in nearly all cases to keep any loaded firearm for self-defense. A variety of “crimes by omission” (such as failure to report certain things) would be created. Criminal penalties of up to ten years and almost unlimited regulatory and inspection authority would be established.

Please send an email to the following State Senators/Reps letting them know you oppose this bill. They will be voting on this bill on Friday February 13th.

Gabrielle Giffords- Giffords Contact Form(for those of you in district 8)

John McCain- McCain Contact Form

John Kyle- Jon Kyle Contact Form

There are also 4 others bills that should be of concern as well. READ THEM OVER THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!!

Gun Owners of America 111th Congress info

The links came from my own efforts to contact the reps/senators. Here are the others:

Kirkpatrick, Ann, Arizona, 1st - contact

Franks, Trent, Arizona, 2nd - contact

Shadegg, John, Arizona, 3rd - contact

Pastor, Ed, Arizona, 4th - contact

Mitchell, Harry E., Arizona, 5th - contact

Flake, Jeff, Arizona, 6th -contact

Grijalva, Raul, Arizona, 7th - contact

Giffords, Gabrielle, Arizona, 8th - contact

Some of these you'll have to enter your address and 10 digit zip code in order to contact. PLEASE MAKE THE EFFORT!!! WE MUST STAND TOGETHER ON THIS!!!!

If you don't know what district you're in click here

That is a bunch of horse pucky! Thanks for the heads up, I will send my email!

coues7,

Again, thanks, I have been slow on the bandwagon but have decided to start being a thorn in the side of my reps, I appreciate you taking the time to post the links it made me do a little more searching,

here is a site for those who don't know where you are or who your rep is.

http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp

Just sent my first email ever to a congressman. I guess I am a hair's breath away from being in Congression District 7. I am in District 2, Take Care and make your voice heard, JLG.

So did you address just this one issue in a letter or did you address several issues at once? Did you send the same letter to all your Reps??

I personally sent an email to Jon Kyle, John McCain and Gabrielle Giffords. These are the people that represent ME in southern AZ. I noted all 5 issues to Gabrielle Giffords.