JIVega

2004 Tacoma 4x4

OK. I'm not perfect by any means or stretch of the imagination, but is anyone else surprised by the amount of dislike, anger, or just plain nastiness being displayed in this post, and on a Sunday which is considered to be a day for worship and kindness by many Christians throughout the world? 

Is the stress of politics, finances, etc. affecting us so much that we attack each other on a forum that we profess to have similar interests and goals?  Wow guys, let's take a step back and take a breather. 

Yes the manufacturers say that synthetic oil is good up to 10,000 miles. But what harm to the vehicle occurs if the oil is changed more frequently? How much of the lubrication is lost by 3,000 miles especially in our harsh conditions of excessive heat? Maybe wasted money and may not be.

And if the vehicle is priced too high for everyone then it won't sell. But what if it is worth that much to someone? If seller and buyer are happy isn't that a perfect deal?

My values may not be the same as others, but does that make others or myself wrong? Should I hold everyone else to my value system? That sounds more like a different form of government than I wish to support.

We just finished the 4th of July celebrations. Perhaps trying to remember why and what we celebrated will help us promote a more forgiving environment. Maybe if we put more effort and energy into researching and elected people who best represent what we want then we won't carry so much angst and animosity.

I know I need to keep improving and reflecting and I invite you to do the same. Let's try to keep Coueswhitetail a great environment for all with a sincere and positive desire to share and help in hunting and it's natural challenges and rewards.

Kindly and sincerely,

Russ.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Had a 1996 5 speed 4x4 with a 130k miles about 10 years ago. Should of hung on to that one. Probably be worth 100k pretty soon.

it’s a cult. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

OK. I'm not perfect by any means or stretch of the imagination, but is anyone else surprised by the amount of dislike, anger, or just plain nastiness being displayed in this post, and on a Sunday which is considered to be a day for worship and kindness by many Christians throughout the world? 

Is the stress of politics, finances, etc. affecting us so much that we attack each other on a forum that we profess to have similar interests and goals?  Wow guys, let's take a step back and take a breather. 

Yes the manufacturers say that synthetic oil is good up to 10,000 miles. But what harm to the vehicle occurs if the oil is changed more frequently? How much of the lubrication is lost by 3,000 miles especially in our harsh conditions of excessive heat? Maybe wasted money and may not be.

And if the vehicle is priced too high for everyone then it won't sell. But what if it is worth that much to someone? If seller and buyer are happy isn't that a perfect deal?

My values may not be the same as others, but does that make others or myself wrong? Should I hold everyone else to my value system? That sounds more like a different form of government than I wish to support.

We just finished the 4th of July celebrations. Perhaps trying to remember why and what we celebrated will help us promote a more forgiving environment. Maybe if we put more effort and energy into researching and elected people who best represent what we want then we won't carry so much angst and animosity.

I know I need to keep improving and reflecting and I invite you to do the same. Let's try to keep Coueswhitetail a great environment for all with a sincere and positive desire to share and help in hunting and it's natural challenges and rewards.

Kindly and sincerely,

Russ.

9FE9E295-1687-4549-90F3-074D5140F57B.jpeg

Jesus drove a Honda. He would agree, Tacoma drivers are in a cult. 

Man, this guy would flip a gasket if he knew how often I changed the fluids in my razor!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Man, this guy would flip a gasket if he knew how often I changed the fluids in my razor!

(Coues247 has entered the chat)

If you know about these trucks you know. I know it might be hard to fathom a truck this old with the miles selling for what they sell for, but they do. I have two hunting rigs, so one has to go. With the prices of SXS these are pretty hard to beat. AC/Heater, windows, you can daily drive it if needed and it will get you anywhere you want to go. I have no doubt that the first person who drives it, will be taking it home. If you’re serious give me a call and we can work something out.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, desertmafia21 said:

I have an 02 with 175k that I’m saving for my boy when he turns 16 (10 years away). They are worth their weight in gold and will only get more rare as time goes on. That 3.4L is a beast and the maintenance being done only solidifies this price. GLWS as these trucks are a thing of beauty. I get notes on my windshield all the time from people wanting to buy mine.

True words right there. I own a very nice 1990 Toyota 4x4 extended cab with all options. I am the second owner  172k miles. Truck has been in AZ its whole life and always welli maintained   I often get notes stuck under windshield asking if it is for sale along with a phone number

1 hour ago, Zoltar said:

True words right there. I own a very nice 1990 Toyota 4x4 extended cab with all options. I am the second owner  172k miles. Truck has been in AZ its whole life and always welli maintained   I often get notes stuck under windshield asking if it is for sale along with a phone number

Yes, but how often do you change your oil?

Just kidding!!!

To the original post, excellent looking vehicle. Post went sideways since you put it up for sale, good luck with the sale. Awesome vehicles for sure, should sell quickly!!!!

• Haha 2

Wow! I have an 87 SR5 Turbo Extra cab 4x4 and a 95 single cab ( Hilux?) 4x4 both with under 120k miles. Guess I might think about getting them back on the street. I heard the 4 wheelers really want my Turbo.🤣