25-06

Stolen truck (update recovered) πŸ™‚

Just now, 25-06 said:

Thanks for the kind words. And definitely the patina is staying the way it is πŸ‘

You're welcome πŸ‘πŸ».... good it looks good with theΒ  original paint.. ya my grandpa's truck is not getting touch on the outside at all. Staying time stamped the way he left it. Just gonna need to rebuild the motor one day when it goes.

• Like 1

Illegals at work. Thank you Brandon..

• Like 2

Really glad you go it located that quick. Sounds like someone was afoot and jacked it to get home. I have a 2000 and those were very easy to steal back in the day to the tune of one or two a day.

It was really out of hand. I added Jimmi Jammers, Ravelco and the Club with the four sided key. I was with some friends years ago and went to Wilcox to pick Peaches. While I was there I bought a coke at the stand and left my keys at the register. Didn't realize it until we got back to Tucson. Ended up calling a locksmith as I rode with my friends and left my truck at their house.Β 

It took him about 5 minutes to make a door key by putting in a blank and twisting it back and forth then nibbling away at the tumbler marks on the key. Once he finally opened up the door and saw the Club I asked him if he could pick the lock on it too.

He picked it in under 10 seconds. About that time the U of A had a bunch of car thefts and The Club had just come out with theΒ four sided key and was offering them to employees and students at about cost. I've had one ever since.

I also want to add some kind of Air Tag I can track but not with an I Phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sky Island junkie said:

That’s great news! Even better news after hearing the sentimental value! That truck had to stand out. If it had been a 95 white f150 you’d be SOL!Β 
congrats!

That's what the officer said that it stood out. If it wasn't for my friend Will posting it on a Tucson vehicle recovery page I'm not sure if what would have happened.Β 

57 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Really glad you go it located that quick. Sounds like someone was afoot and jacked it to get home. I have a 2000 and those were very easy to steal back in the day to the tune of one or two a day.

It was really out of hand. I added Jimmi Jammers, Ravelco and the Club with the four sided key. I was with some friends years ago and went to Wilcox to pick Peaches. While I was there I bought a coke at the stand and left my keys at the register. Didn't realize it until we got back to Tucson. Ended up calling a locksmith as I rode with my friends and left my truck at their house.Β 

It took him about 5 minutes to make a door key by putting in a blank and twisting it back and forth then nibbling away at the tumbler marks on the key. Once he finally opened up the door and saw the Club I asked him if he could pick the lock on it too.

He picked it in under 10 seconds. About that time the U of A had a bunch of car thefts and The Club had just come out with theΒ four sided key and was offering them to employees and students at about cost. I've had one ever since.

Wife ordered me a club. Until then it's locked up tight and I also pulled out the coil plug wire.Β 

• Like 4

Glad you got it back, Terry. I know that truck means a lot to you.

I built the receiver hitch for Leroy when that truck was new, and made the first scratch in the paint doing it. Leroy said, "Don't worry about it. There's more to come."

IMG_2555.thumb.png.9324910e353a21ba7838b5e9982a73cc.pngGlad you got back , best anti theft is thisΒ old tow truck brake lock , locks up the tires tell you release it Β  I add this on my 78 Bronco , plus a fuel line shut off hidden valveΒ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arizonian said:

Glad you got it back, Terry. I know that truck means a lot to you.

I built the receiver hitch for Leroy when that truck was new, and made the first scratch in the paint doing it. Leroy said, "Don't worry about it. There's more to come."

Thanks Bill. And that sounds just like something Leroy would have said.πŸ‘

8 hours ago, PRDATR said:

A club and an air tag are probably the two best things. I have them hidden in all my trucks and trailers tooΒ 

8 hours ago, PRDATR said:

A slice thru the steering wheel with a hacksaw or a Sawzall, renders the club useless.

When I had my mini fleet of 90s chevys I had the locks that keep you from pressing the break pedal. Picked them up at autozone for $45.Β Β