Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

Whitehorse Lake

Headed to Whitehorse next week with a 21’ trailer and two grandsons. I haven’t been there in years. 
Anyone offer information about the road condition and is there a location in Williams to buy mealworms?

thx 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ed67 said:

Headed to Whitehorse next week with a 21’ trailer and two grandsons. I haven’t been there in years. 
Anyone offer information about the road condition and is there a location in Williams to buy mealworms?

thx 

Bucks on Grand Canyon Blvd should have meal worms. Green Power Bait for trout is good right now. Roads are pretty good right now. I would take the 141rd in from the north its shorter than White Horse Lake Rd. Crawfishing is great now too. If the fishing is slow try Dogtown for trout. Its been really good . 

• Like 1

Sounds great thanks for the tip 

I would be very surprised if any trout were caught, it hasn't been stocked with trout in years. AZGFD is managing it as a warm water fishery now.

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

I would be very surprised if any trout were caught, it hasn't been stocked with trout in years. AZGFD is managing it as a warm water fishery now.

Yea that’s what I’m hearing as well. The kids will be fine catching bluegill

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

I forgot about that. Funny thing is last time I took my boy there he was catching bluegill on a worm and bobber. After a few he caught a fish he caught a trout. But yeah it isn't stocked. We hardly every fish it because of how popular it is. 

You can always buy mealworms locally at Walmart and they will last for months in the refrigerator. PETCO probably also has them.

Great info I’ll stop by petco tomorrow. Figured mealworms will keep the boys busy with bluegill all day 

Update:  we had a great time catching small bass and sunfish with worms and meal worms 1’ under bobbers near the ramp. Everywhere else the grass extends 20’ beyond the bank making it tough for the little ones. Good time, will go back. 

• Like 1