Sign in to follow this  
Bill V

Need a good AC guy

I know this has been a topic here recently but I have an AC system with 3 zones and one of the dampers is not opening, I suspect a damper motor failure. any recommendations for  a repair person would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Like No Other A/C in Surprise @ 623-225-8116.

Kris and his wife are owners (and will probably answer the phone) and their techs are knowledgeable and honest   Good people.

They have maintained our HVAC (2 zones) for five years with zero issues and only one maintenance item needed.

I used the company with the Orangutan on the trucks previously and they are truly crooks.  I can cite examples for at least 30 mins.

PM me if you have additional questions.

Eddie

• Like 1

My apologies for listing the incorrect number in my previous post.

I truly have no idea how I managed to type the incorrect number, but the correct number is now posted.

Eddie

6 hours ago, Bill V said:

I know this has been a topic here recently but I have an AC system with 3 zones and one of the dampers is not opening, I suspect a damper motor failure. any recommendations for  a repair person would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Grand Canyon Refrigeration. Talk to Martin, tell him Harley sent you. 

Air Doctors. They just installed a new system in my house!! Great guys!! 480-495-0636. 

I'll be in the same  boat and probably  replacing  my ac on the house.  My wife  and kid don't  understand  the ac can't  run forever  to keep the house  at 74 degrees  . They over heat the compressor and it trips and shuts off . It's an older system  and at 19 yrs old will need replacing  but I was hoping  to make it to the winter slow down  and get a better  deal.

Many thanks to the CWT family for all the recommendations. Looks like I have the problem covered. It is nice to be able to count on the people on this forum. 

Thanks again,

Bill

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I'll be in the same  boat and probably  replacing  my ac on the house.  My wife  and kid don't  understand  the ac can't  run forever  to keep the house  at 74 degrees  . They over heat the compressor and it trips and shuts off . It's an older system  and at 19 yrs old will need replacing  but I was hoping  to make it to the winter slow down  and get a better  deal.

Sadly it probably won't happen because they are switching refrigerants this year and the cost of equipment is going up 15-25%. Thank the EPA and the Govt for causing more inflation based on climate change...

The refrigerant transitions have already started for many brands for certain products, but 12/31/24 is the last legal day to produce R410a equipment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hoss50 said:

Sadly it probably won't happen because they are switching refrigerants this year and the cost of equipment is going up 15-25%. Thank the EPA and the Govt for causing more inflation based on climate change...

The refrigerant transitions have already started for many brands for certain products, but 12/31/24 is the last legal day to produce R410a equipment. 

Well  there goes my toy money  for awhile. 

4 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Well  there goes my toy money  for awhile. 

Depending on what you need if someone has some of the older equipment left you might be able to keep the price down, but I would count on it. 

13 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

A new system will save you money, give more comfort. 19 years old that unit is probably full of relays. The new units are control boards, ECM motors and two stage on bigger units. Get a thermostat where you can set the dead band so the unit won't come back on until there is a one or two degree rise above the setpoint.

With the newer units when there is a call for cooling the compressor starts and runs for 15 to 30 seconds, and then the fan comes on at a very low speed but ramps up to 100% in five seconds. As units get old the coils get dirty/clogged and that robs efficiency. A compressor is nothing more than an engine. Think car engine. One with 300,000 hours on it won't produce the same power or mileage as one with 10K on it.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 9:44 AM, Hoss50 said:

We are now hearing a 30% price hike in January when the R410A units will no longer be sold.  Also, there was word that the new refrigerant "could be" explosive.  Ugh.  Another case of Guberment overreach.....

3 hours ago, sjvcon said:

We are now hearing a 30% price hike in January when the R410A units will no longer be sold.  Also, there was word that the new refrigerant "could be" explosive.  Ugh.  Another case of Guberment overreach.....

The new refrigerants are A2L and are very mildly flammable. It is very difficult to get to light, but technically possible. 

I don't think the Daikin price hike will be 30%, but other brands are saying potentially 25%.

I would bet the actual numbers are 10-15% once it all settles out.