Sign in to follow this  

27 year old Rem 700 rebuilt into 7PRCW. Lots of time and precision laid into this build, Hope to have groups soon. Accurized, Sleeved, Trued, new Barrel, Custom Brake, Trigger, Bolt knob one off custom, Bedded, Stock rear weight added, custom LOP, fluted firing pin body, shroud relieved, 8-40 base screws.

7 mag.jpg

• Like 4

Ya the PRC is getting out of hand, but for the precision and efficiency this W is really nice. Made a custom full length die for this as well so should be a shooter. 

I think there are more disadvantages, its a new round so no brass, no dies, no factory ammo. Its really for long range set ups, less recoil, less powder, same speed, less extreme spread, more consistant groups, less fussy. Its just a slight improvement here and there for guys that are focussed on precision in the 7mm family. Its just like the Ackley, the BR, the GT stuff. Slight improvements over rounds really similar. Oh and you could get away with short action, but the best would be a medium action, both being shorter stroke than the long action 7 PRC.

So were you able to get the reamer with Alex Wheeler's throat and leade angle? JGS?

I don't have specks on the reamer, it was customer owned. I just made the Hole. It was from Manson and specked per Erick Cortina recommendation.

Hard to keep up with all the details on some of the custom stuff.

22 hours ago, Ernesto C said:

Looks nice! What barrel did you put on?

Barrel is Kreiger Sendero 26.5 long 1:8.5 twist. With a 4 port 2.4 long Break shes a bit long but not too bad off hand. The owner is 6'4" and Length of pull is 14.25 so it kind of evens out.

As it sits came out to 11 lbs or just a hair under. VX 5 scope is pretty light.

• Like 1

Eric Cortina loves the 7PRCW.  Keep us posted how it shoots.

The guy went to shoot it today and it shot jagged holes with factory ammo but he didnt know about the course adjustment under the scope cap and was way high at 100. Said he would get me some groups next week. Anyone else run into this with 20 moa rails? I feel like Leupold is the only one I have seen this on.