POk3s

Dreaded nonresident burned 11 points

Im on 12 bps for wy lope and have the 33 ML hunt. 

33 has some big country and big bucks. Need to dig them up. December will be a blast. Enjoy

• Like 1

We used to hunt around Bellota Ranch about 40 years ago. Got into some decent bucks. I have no idea what it's like now. I'm thinking they converted it into a "dude ranch" type operation. Watch out for the shin daggers!

• Like 2

Deer quality is wayyyy down. I'd be a little picky and enjoy the weather and time. Don't expect a giant because they are very few and far between.  The older age class just isn't there right now.

3 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Im on 12 bps for wy lope and have the 33 ML hunt. 

If you would keep in touch with how your muzzy tag goes, that would be sweet! 

why are you not hunting Wyoming antelope!? You’ve got more than enough points for a great hunt. If you need help deciding on a unit, feel free to ask! 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

We used to hunt around Bellota Ranch about 40 years ago. Got into some decent bucks. I have no idea what it's like now. I'm thinking they converted it into a "dude ranch" type operation. Watch out for the shin daggers!

Googling “shin daggers” 😂😂

2 hours ago, CouesFanatic said:

Deer quality is wayyyy down. I'd be a little picky and enjoy the weather and time. Don't expect a giant because they are very few and far between.  The older age class just isn't there right now.

Being picky, enjoying the weather, and enjoying having a late December tag is exactly what I’ll be doing. Let the chips fall where they may!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, POk3s said:

If you would keep in touch with how your muzzy tag goes, that would be sweet! 

why are you not hunting Wyoming antelope!? You’ve got more than enough points for a great hunt. If you need help deciding on a unit, feel free to ask! 

Of course. I have 3 bucks that I plan on digging up down that way they in the next month or so and just babysit them until Nov. 

I almost pulled the trigger this year but a friend drew Henry mountains hunt in Utah. 2025 might be the year.

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Of course. I have 3 bucks that I plan on digging up down that way they in the next month or so and just babysit them until Nov. 

I almost pulled the trigger this year but a friend drew Henry mountains hunt in Utah. 2025 might be the year.

Understandable. Maybe you know this, but last winter knocked the population down pretty good. The I-80 corridor and western Wyoming got hit the hardest. The rest of the state seemed to do okay and even the I-80 Cori dor gets better as you move east. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Shoot the first buck you see over 105”? How many have you killed over that? Basically telling an out-of-stater who has probably never hunted coues to hold out for a booner? Lol. 33 is a good unit, but has been decimated by fires and tag numbers for years. I don’t know much about it but it will be a pretty good hunt. Have a good time, take your time and shoot whatever TF you want to shoot. 

He already said he has hunted them before. It's a very big unit, I've hunted it since the mid 90's. My reference to a 105 was his comment about a 125. KIlled a few but none over 100. OP, buy a lion tag.

11 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

He already said he has hunted them before. It's a very big unit, I've hunted it since the mid 90's. My reference to a 105 was his comment about a 125. KIlled a few but none over 100. OP, buy a lion tag.

A lion tag is on the list!

Nothing further required for coati or quail correct? I’m not missing something in the regs for quail?

1 hour ago, U.T.A.H. Camp said:

Coati you just need a hunting license. One per calendar year bag limit. 

Quail requires a Federal bird stamp I believe. 

No stamp for quail

• Like 1