Sign in to follow this  
spectrum

46A and B Mule deer

Has anyone on the site here hunted 46A and B for mule deer? I don't need your honey hole or secret spot, I can do my own scouting, I just want to know what your overall experience of the hunt was like and your opinion of the units. I've hunted my fair share of the units in the state but not these two.    

Thanks 

Jay

Would you believe me if I said @Wish2hunt2 glassed up a big coues in 46a 

i applied for this hunt the last 2 years but didn’t get it. I saw a tank of a muley on my dads ram hunt and 2 smaller bucks. A dude killed a 200+ the first year it opened. 

if you can kill a buck in there, you’re basically in the hall of fame. They kinda have their own genetic in there. Some freaks. A dude showed me a BP trail cam pic was an insane buck 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Would you believe me if I said @Wish2hunt2 glassed up a big coues in 46a 

i applied for this hunt the last 2 years but didn’t get it. I saw a tank of a muley on my dads ram hunt and 2 smaller bucks. A dude killed a 200+ the first year it opened. 

if you can kill a buck in there, you’re basically in the hall of fame. They kinda have their own genetic in there. Some freaks. A dude showed me a BP trail cam pic was an insane buck 

I would say yes as well. I've seen Coues whitetails in places you would not expect to see them.

Does any one know a guy that knows a guy that might know another guy that shot a buck in one of these units. You here more about bigfoot in different areas than you do mule deer in the Cabeza Prieta. I watched the only YouTube video I could find of a guy hunting mule deer there and it was him mostly talking, I don't even think he really glassed that much.  I'm going to do you all a favor and document this entire hunt with videos and photos, the scouting included so people can get an idea of what their getting themselves into.  I have no doubt about big bucks in there and I am prepared for hours of glassing to try and find them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spectrum said:

Does any one know a guy that knows a guy that might know another guy that shot a buck in one of these units. You here more about bigfoot in different areas than you do mule deer in the Cabeza Prieta. I watched the only YouTube video I could find of a guy hunting mule deer there and it was him mostly talking, I don't even think he really glassed that much.  I'm going to do you all a favor and document this entire hunt with videos and photos, the scouting included so people can get an idea of what their getting themselves into.  I have no doubt about big bucks in there and I am prepared for hours of glassing to try and find them.  

That dude with the video seemed like a tool if I’m thinking of the same video. 

my buddy saw deer in 46bw this year, crazy. 

Dude was carrying a hundred pound pack, that's insane! I've had back fusion and double knee replacement, there's no way I would be be toting that much weight around. Had the left knee done about a month and a half ago. At 57 I've started on the hunting extension plan, get all my parts fused or replaced  so I can hunt another 20 years hopefully, LOL.  I at least need to get my Alaska dream hunt in.

1 hour ago, spectrum said:

Dude was carrying a hundred pound pack, that's insane! I've had back fusion and double knee replacement, there's no way I would be be toting that much weight around. Had the left knee done about a month and a half ago. At 57 I've started on the hunting extension plan, get all my parts fused or replaced  so I can hunt another 20 years hopefully, LOL.  I at least need to get my Alaska dream hunt in.

if youre going to backpack hunt it and dont have water packed in, you need about a 100lb pack in the cabeza. 

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

if youre going to backpack hunt it and dont have water packed in, you need about a 100lb pack in the cabeza. 

When we find the areas we want to concentrate on we will make some trips prior and stash it. Work smarter not harder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spectrum said:

When we find the areas we want to concentrate on we will make some trips prior and stash it. Work smarter not harder.

That works great...unless you stash gets found or poured out. 

3 hours ago, HyNoon said:

That works great...unless you stash gets found or poured out. 

Well if that happens then we just readjust, I've had worse things happen on hunts.

11 minutes ago, spectrum said:

Well if that happens then we just readjust, I've had worse things happen on hunts.

Sorry that wasn't meant to be negative... more to inform it happens there more than you would think.

1 hour ago, HyNoon said:

Sorry that wasn't meant to be negative... more to inform it happens there more than you would think.

good to know, thank you. 

• Like 1