Sign in to follow this  
spectrum

46A and B Mule deer

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

thats not the same as sheep hunters. sheep hunters get the code to the gate at childs and also access to a couple executive roads like the one from charlie bell to scarface. also sheep hunters can get access to the barry m goldwater range to skirt around and access the cabeza from different points. deer hunters cant do any of that. 

you do have to get the barry m goldwater pass and watch the 15 minute video, but everyone has to get that the same as hikers. doesnt provide you any special access. 

you actually arent allowed to ride a bike to the top of childs either. you could but youd be breaking the rules. you could ride a bike from the locked gate to the cabeza boundary probably. but bikes arent allowed on the cabeza. 

Looking at Onx the top of Childs is not in the wilderness area. Where does it sate you cant ride a bike to the top, Just curious?

6 minutes ago, spectrum said:

Looking at Onx the top of Childs is not in the wilderness area. 

well, it is. its well within the cabeza boundary. only the east side of childs is off the cabeza in unit 40. 

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

well, it is. its well within the cabeza boundary. only the east side of childs is off the cabeza in unit 40a. 

The east side is the side with the road going to the top. look at onx, part of that road is 46A.

1 minute ago, spectrum said:

The east side is the side with the road going to the top. look at onx, part of that road is 46A.

ive been up and down childs 50 times, i dont need to look at onx.

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

ive been up and down childs 50 times, i dont need to look at onx.

Childs with the old air force radar station up at the top?

Just now, trphyhntr said:

yes.

Well I guess your more accurate than onyx then, there is a two mile stretch not on the wilderness according to Onx , didn't mean to insult your intelligence. Ill verify with the game and fish.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, spectrum said:

the west side has the road going to the top. the antennas are on the west side and thats where the road goes.

8 minutes ago, spectrum said:

Well I guess your more accurate than onyx then, there is a two mile stretch not on the wilderness according to Onx , didn't mean to insult your intelligence. Ill verify with the game and fish.

there is a stretch between the locked gate and the big sign that says entering cabeza. the east side of childs is unit 40. youll see the sign and youll know youre in the cabeza. 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

the west side has the road going to the top. the antennas are on the west side and thats where the road goes.

there is a stretch between the locked gate and the big sign that says entering cabeza. the east side of childs is unit 40.

Copy, yeah I noticed that a good portion is in unit 40.   

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

youll probably find better places to hunt then there for deer.

Yeah I'm just looking forward to scouting and seeing new country. We just figured we would check it out because there is a guzzler up there. Glass it for a morning and see what we turn up. We are actually looking at the flats where there is water and glassing hills within a reasonable distance. 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2024 at 6:16 PM, SwarovskiCoues said:

Id find the drinkers and hunt within 5 miles of them. My dad bumped a group of a dozen does in 46bw last year. Ive spent 30-35 days in Cabeza in the last two sheep seasons and have never seen a buck or doe lol

Apparently 46B is Carp freee!!!

As a sheep hunter in the 90s I was allowed to drive the East side road from Charlie Bell, past Chico Shuni to Bates well.  Is that not allowed anymore ?

14 minutes ago, Couesnut said:

As a sheep hunter in the 90s I was allowed to drive the East side road from Charlie Bell, past Chico Shuni to Bates well.  Is that not allowed anymore ?

Not with a deer tag. This thread is about deer