Sign in to follow this  
spectrum

46A and B Mule deer

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

have you been the unit before?

No Sir, have hunted pretty much every mountain range in southern Arizona east of the reservation line in the Boboquivari's, but nothing west of there.  

3 minutes ago, spectrum said:

No Sir, have hunted pretty much every mountain range in southern Arizona east of the reservation line in the Boboquivari's, but nothing west of there.  

Get ready for a big surprise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spectrum said:

go drive out to charlie bell sometime 

I'm sure, I've already watched a ton of video's on the Prieta and am saying to myself this is probably going to be one of the toughest hunts I've been on.

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

go drive out to charlie bell sometime 

I've seen that well in a video, its one area we plan to scout around.

We plan to go scout in a couple of weeks. Need to register and get all the necessary permits. 

We plan to go scout in a couple of weeks. Need to register and get all the necessary permits. 

Do they allow you any special access like the sheep hunts

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Do they allow you any special access like the sheep hunts

As far as I'm aware from talking to Travis its the same as the sheep hunts. Ill verify that though.

Just now, spectrum said:

As far as I'm aware from talking to Travis its the same as the sheep hunts. Ill verify that though.

My understanding is no special access. But could be wrong

16 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

My understanding is no special access. But could be wrong

From reading the game and fish notes its just a matter of getting an access permit from one of the military bases, Yuma or Luke AFB. Same as sheep. 

From reading the game and fish notes its just a matter of getting an access permit from one of the military bases, Yuma or Luke AFB. Same as sheep. 

Yeah for one road. The other access come the refuge and they let you drive on two roads with access to Childs mt. But I don’t think they allow that to deer hunters. So it will be a park and walk

3 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Yeah for one road. The other access come the refuge and they let you drive on two roads with access to Childs mt. But I don’t think they allow that to deer hunters. So it will be a park and walk

Yeah I knew that already, we have already planned on walking some miles.

From talking to the game and fish and watching videos, There is Camino del diablo, and Christmas pass Rd. There is also Charlie Bell Rd. which stops about a mile or so before the well. Childs mountain you can drive the road up to the locked gate, and them mountain bike or hike to the top. But yes for the most part there is going to be a lot of hiking involved. 

in the past, sheep hunters get the code to the gate at childs and also access to a couple executive roads like the one from charlie bell to scarface. also sheep hunters can get access to the barry m goldwater range to skirt around and access the cabeza from different points. deer hunters couldnt do any of that. 

you do have to get the barry m goldwater pass and watch the 15 minute video, but everyone has to get that the same as hikers. doesnt provide you any special access. 

you actually arent allowed to ride a bike to the top of childs either. you could but youd be breaking the rules. you could ride a bike from the locked gate to the cabeza boundary probably. but bikes arent allowed on the cabeza.