Sign in to follow this  
Joel

Early 12a west

I've drawn the early 12a west tag with 9 points. I've been hunting turkeys in the unit a few times and one of my boys had a doe tag there a few years ago. I'm starting my homework. I will be DIY because I can't afford otherwise. I understand that the bucks will still be high and that I'll have lots of company. I'm thinking I need to be looking to try to get away from roads (is there anywhere in AZ away from roads?) and people best I can. I imagine that this won't be much of a glassing hunt but I'm not sure about that. Any info anyone is willing to share would be appreciated. It's a long drive to scout so I don't know how much I can get up there before the hunt. 

It is for sure a glassing hunt.

Hopefully, you will get good snowfall during your hunt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

It is for sure a glassing hunt.

Hopefully, you will get good snowfall during your hunt.

I was getting the impression that it would be very much in the pines and aspens and not very glass able but i certainly wasn't going to forgo my glass. It would be amazing to have snow. 

When I had that tag maybe 10 yrs ago there were lots of deer in the burn and lots of glassing to be done...also pine and aspen as you mentioned, just depends on where you want to hunt.

• Like 2

With all the fires they've had you can glass from the top to the bottom. Remember even in the pines you need to be glassing. Congrats on the tag, I drew the east side early as well with 8 points. 

• Like 2